Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Mar 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The 1st time I ever went to Florida, we queued for hours for loads of rides, I specifically remember Kong and Star Wars being really long. But that was during spring break in the 90's before FP and express queues etc. We're going this August for the first time as an Adult and I'm not really sure what to expect when it comes to queuing...
Old 3 Mar 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Up to 40 minutes if its the only opportunity ora new ride,
We did wait about an hour for forbidden journey the first time of riding it but some q.s are better than others
But with fast pass and planning we don't normally wait more than half hour for most rides if that .
The last trip we walked straight on star tours 3 times in a row it was amazing
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

20 min max for us but one daughter is diabetic and you gestvis a toddler so any longer just won't work for us lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

20 min max for us but one daughter is diabetic and our youngest is a toddler so any longer just won't work for us lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
chezfraser
Excited about Disney

chezfraser's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I think we did 90 mins for Forbidden Journey when it was brand new. Ugh. Seriously not fun at twilight as the bugs come out to play. And of course the ride broke down half way round so we were stuck with a giant spider in our faces for 10 mins in the dark. Then the lights came up for a bit... kind of spoils the illusion. But we managed to get a re-ride without queueing.

But never again. Our usual max wait is 30 mins. Which we usually manage to avoid by a judicious combination of arriving early and using fast passes.
Disneyland 1979, 1996, Polynesian 2000, Caribbean Beach 2001 & 2002, DLP Sequoia 2002, West Ridge 2004, Highland Reserve 2006, DLP Camping(!) 2009. High Grove 2010, Highland Reserve 2012, Orange Tree 2015, California/Disneyland 2016, Hillcrest 2017, WorldQuest 2019
chezfraser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by laz View Post
We've only been to DLP so far, and I surprised myself at my tolerance for queuing! And that was for rides for our children which I would once never have gone on!

I reckon we waited over an hour for Peter Pan a couple of times, and definitely over an hour for Autopia, and possible not far off 90 minutes cumulative waiting for a princess meet-and-greet at the Princess Pavillion (if you add up the time to get a ticket plus the time actually waiting in-line at our allotted time!). And in the Disney Studios park, we must have waited an hour for the Studio Tram tour, which was more than frustrating as there are two queues, and just like at the supermarket check-out we chose the one that looked shortest but then seemed to move at half the speed!
our one trip to DLP was equally as bad in terms of queueing. Longest was 2 hours to meet a princess. Thankfully, it was Snow White and our DD was absolutely thrilled as she is her fave.
Like many others, I'd say 45 max for something I really want. Maybe 60 at a push.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Max 30 minutes. There's a few select rides I'd wait up to 45 minutes.
As we go out of school time, follow the busy day guide and use fast passes we don't normally have too long queues to worry about.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
When I see standby times of 120 minutes and the like I often think who would wait 2 hours to ride for 3 minutes.

What's the longest you've queued in the past and what's your limit now.

I waited about an hour for Terminator once (although had no idea it would be so long).

Now i'd walk on by if over 35 minutes.
if the posted queue time says less than 40 minutes at WDW I'll consider joining the queue. However - I've waited a lot longer than the posted queue time (Buzz Lightyear at WDW MK springs immediately to mind, that was posted at 5 minutes when we joined the line, over an hour later and we were still in the line).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We have only been to Disney World but it was Easter last year and the most popular rides all had queues of 90-240 mins!
Fast Passes were brilliant so we didn't queue for anything we wanted very long. 20-30 mins was our limit, if a queue was longer than that we left it for a different day when it was a shorter wait.
We did queue 45 mins on our first full day for Barnstormer which we really regretted as it was over in seconds! Decided then not to join a queue over 30 minute estimate which worked well for us
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

20 mins is our threshold.

The only time we have done longer is when Harry Potter opened Forbidden Journey and we queued for about an hour but we only had our oldest and youngest children with us. Our son with ADHD would never have lasted that long and would have fought with everyone sync had a meltdown. Queuing with 5 kids (plus special needs) is something we just don't/won't do.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List