Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Mar 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I'm guessing a Fantastic Beasts ride would be easier for them to do if they make it like the FJ and EFG. They are making more films so I'm guessing it will be easier to get the actors to take part.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

As inverted coasters go it's not my favourite, and without the duelling it's not the same.

It also doesn't fit in with Potterville.

However I'd support keeping it or at least replacing it with another physical ride of a similar nature. Replacing it with another simulator/screen ride is cheap imo.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

This rumour is pretty persistent isn't it? I'm visiting in August and really hope to ride these coasters again before it's too late. On a personal note, I love the fact that queues are low, but I can see it doesn't make good business sense to keep an unpopular attraction open if something else could go in its place.

I hope that a physical, outdoor coaster type ride will be one of the options, at least. Love the idea of a pp who said it could be flying on broomsticks - that would be incredible!
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
This rumour is pretty persistent isn't it? I'm visiting in August and really hope to ride these coasters again before it's too late. On a personal note, I love the fact that queues are low, but I can see it doesn't make good business sense to keep an unpopular attraction open if something else could go in its place.

I hope that a physical, outdoor coaster type ride will be one of the options, at least. Love the idea of a pp who said it could be flying on broomsticks - that would be incredible!
I felt Forbidden Journey was flying on broomsticks?!?

Obviously a coaster version would be great too
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

I loved it as it was duelling dragons and I think they tried their hardest to give it the HP makeover; however that being said i rode it last September and it was the first time (in years) that I didn't like it, and I came of feeling quite ill. I don't think there's enough interest in it to do "a hulk" and re-build it so probably makes more business sense to get rid. I would be very unhappy if it's another simulator ride, and remember feeling that way when forbidden journey was announced but was pleasantly surprised
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I agree that it has not been the same since the duelling was stopped and it is probably quite an old ride but I still love it and will be sad to see it go. Hope nothing changes before we visit in October, our last two trips have been affected by various closures more than any other in the past.

Tracy

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

I heard somewhere that is would be a Forbidden Forest dark ride, don't ask me where, it was on Facebook. They had a diagram and everything.

Also a launch ride for a Floo Network themed attraction.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Fefster View Post
I heard somewhere that is would be a Forbidden Forest dark ride, don't ask me where, it was on Facebook. They had a diagram and everything.

Also a launch ride for a Floo Network themed attraction.
Forbidden Forest recently opened at the Warner Brothers Studios in London.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
The problem with duelling dragons as it was called and was then a well liked coaster is once they renamed it and stopped sending both cars at the same time it lost a big part of the thrill factor.
The lines are now far smaller than they used to be in fact in september I have seen this ride walk off walk straight back on and there were still empty seats.

There is no point keeping a ride that does not fill up as this then means more guests are waiting to go on other rides.

I think it is a good idea to get rid of it make way for something new but like some have said I also think they should replace with some kind of coaster.
I was thinking this may be behind it. No matter how many people on forums say they love it Universal will know the numbers going through it. Maybe it's not financially viable to have it still running. It's a large piece of ground that it takes up and if it doesn't have the throughput it used to then it makes sense to change it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

It will be a real shame if this goes. This was the first rollercoaster I was able to get my sister to ride. She was so scared getting on the ride and chickened out a few times. Once she did she loved it. I'm sure she will miss it once it's gone.

I always ride it when I'm there and was looking forward to the day my little one could join me. My wife refuses to do inverted rides. She doesn't like the dangling feeling so I have to ride it on my own now
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List