Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Apr 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Typhoon Lagoon for us, nothing beats being hammered by that tidal wave!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
space cadet
slightly serious Dibber

We are BB fans in our house. Apart from Roa Rapids we didn't particularly like Aquatica.
Old 13 Apr 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox
Getting Excited

At the moment we prefer Aquatica in our house because the disney parks have a rough bottom and last year DS fell and had a massive scrape on his leg from knee to foot which put a real downer on his day.

Also Roa's Rapids is just hilariously good fun.

Can't wait to see if Volcano Bay is as good as it looks like it will be.
Redsox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redsox View Post
At the moment we prefer Aquatica in our house because the disney parks have a rough bottom and last year DS fell and had a massive scrape on his leg from knee to foot which put a real downer on his day.

Also Roa's Rapids is just hilariously good fun.

Can't wait to see if Volcano Bay is as good as it looks like it will be.
Same for us , ds scraped off all the skin from his stomach 😖
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

I have memories of getting my knee sanded on the floor of Typhoon Lagoon when I was very young (around 4 or 5, I think until last week I hadn't been there since 1993), not sure if they had the surf waves back then, but I imagine it was probably one of those. As much as that sucked though, as an adult I thought TL in 2017 was superb, probably tied for the best water park of the trip.
Old 13 Apr 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Aquatica then BB and then TL for us.

The is do much to do in aquatica and the rapids are brilliant. Although BB does run it close with having summit plummet.

Looking forward to volcano bay in the summer I'm expecting big things from it.
Old 14 Apr 17, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did TL and Aquatica last summer. Was having a great day at TL till a thunderstorm hit and the day was a complete wash out, didn't get on any slides, just the lazy river & the wave pool. My 10 year old ended up with chunks taken out of her elbows which bled for days on end after that. We gave up after 3 hours as the rain just wasn't letting up and all slides were closed. We loved aquatica, the wave pool is really lovely and smooth at the bottom, and the beach area is nice and chilled, roas Rapids was hilarious (especially as my hubby and kids told me it was a lazy river...funny...not!) but the staff were as miserable as sin compared to TL. We have tickets for all 4 water parks next, will wait on reviews for volcano bay before we decide if we will go or not, aquatica we may do as a day with seaworld like that year and my dd is refusing to go to TL again (even though she could just avoid the wave pool lol) so would like to try BB!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
There were more slides DD (age 4) liked at BB last year but we love the huge waves at TL and preferred the kid's area at TL too. Thought Aquatica was too grown up for DD.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List