Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Apr 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Sweetie Babes View Post
That big road with the overpasses is the Kirkman Road, which is busy and noisy 24/7.

Volcano Bay is basically surrounded by the I4 on 2 sides and the Kirkman Road on the 3rd side. I didn't like Wet'n'Wild because you could see all the people queuing up in the air for rides in the cossies etc - I wouldn't want to be that exposed!

It looks like it'll be spectacular, but it's not my thing, and I also object to them jacking up the US and IoS park prices to pay for it.
It's nowhere near Kirkman Road, it has the I4 on one side and Turkey Lake Road on the other. I think they're going to struggle to finish it in time for opening from what we've seen passing it several times this past few weeks.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
snowy_666x
Gone all Goofy

Wow it's looking good. I'm not a huge fan of water parks but my partner and kids will love it!
snowy_666x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

It does look like they still have a lot to do.
I'm sure you won't notice the road once you're there.

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Looks great!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

I'm not one for water parks, tried the Disney ones and left after an hour, nothing there that interested me and both parks seemed old and tired. This looks amazing however and we will be visiting next month after watching this.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sanddancer View Post
Looks cool and I don't even like waterparks! Still looks a way to go yet though, for a late May opening...
I agree, there is still a lot to do
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Wow, such negativity on its location. I suppose the same posters will have the same noise and pollution issues with IOA, US and Citywalk?
Even Disney Springs is pretty close to the I4 so it may suffer too.

Me? Well not a great water park fan, but with the limited land available to Universal I think they have done a great job. In fact their overall investment in the whole site, parks, hotels etc has been huge, making it no1 attraction for families with teen children, in my opinion.
Yes, some road noise, but there's also coaster and crowd noise from the two theme parks and we all live with that.

As for the privacy part, my take on it is, if the couple thousand folks in the water park can put up with my wobbly folds then drivers on the I4 that can see a tiny version of me in the distance waiting in a line at the top of a flume, then it's not going to upset me. I don't know them and they don't know me. If they did get to see my wobbly bits close up, it could be a safety issue as they would probably crash
I do understand others issues with privacy, but just put forward my view.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been reading this thread on another forum forums.orlandounited/thre... 9536/page-378

And this twitterer has all the best photos.
twitter/bioreconstruct

The drop at the end of these slides looks amazing
twitter/bioreconstruct/s...548673/photo/1

Edited at 09:36 AM.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

It is amazing to think how little time they have left, and how much they appear to have outstanding. Foliage for example.

As for the proximity to the roads... when you go on Google Maps and look at the aerial views for some parks it's incredible how close they are to main roads and how little you notice it when you're there. At least in terms of noise. Would be curious to know the levels of pollution, as someone pointed out.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

There's more recent videos (not drone footage) with a ton of foliage in place. Looks to be nearly 300 people working on it night and day