Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 May 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

So, am I correct in saying, you can turn up to check in, get your magic bands and parking pass and then just go and stay in your off-site hotel? How does check-out work?

Or, could you just book to get access to fastpasses and then not turn up? Or cancel your booking at a later date without losing your fastpass reservations?

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
You don't need to check out, as there will be no keys to hand back. We're doing this in August, so I'll know more then. I guess you could do what you've said about the fast passes, but for the benefit of magic bands and 2 days parking, it's worth the cost.
Old 30 May 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You don't need to check out as they will take credit card details in the event you run up any charges. Can't comment on cancelling but retaining your 60 day bookings, others will no doubt comment. At the end of the day you effectively get your money back with the two days free parking and magic bands-as well as two days of extra hours.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Interesting reading on this thread... so am I correct in thinking you could book for 1 night at a Disney resort and you get free magic bands and can do the fastpass reservations at 60 days even if your staying offsite?

I'm already passed my 60 days but I have booked into a hotel for our first night as the townhouse wasn't available and to book in a value Disney resort is only £30 more than the hotel I have booked... if I get free Magic Bands its a no-brainer to change. Daft question but I'm assuming the free parking just count for the days you are at the hotel? ie. check in and check out day. Also, are you able to leave your car at the hotel on check out day and go to the parks?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by curlywurly View Post
Interesting reading on this thread... so am I correct in thinking you could book for 1 night at a Disney resort and you get free magic bands and can do the fastpass reservations at 60 days even if your staying offsite?

I'm already passed my 60 days but I have booked into a hotel for our first night as the townhouse wasn't available and to book in a value Disney resort is only £30 more than the hotel I have booked... if I get free Magic Bands its a no-brainer to change. Daft question but I'm assuming the free parking just count for the days you are at the hotel? ie. check in and check out day. Also, are you able to leave your car at the hotel on check out day and go to the parks?
In your situation, it would definitely seem to make sense to change to a disney hotel so that you can get the magic bands and parking for check in and check out days. Yes, you can leave your car at check out day and collect it later on that day.
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post

This looks like a great idea. So if I booked a night's camping at FW I get to book my FPs at 60 days out over a rolling period, get magic bands and 2 free days parking?

I guess if I booked for our first night in Orlando we could pick up the magic bands after our first day at MK, would that be right?
Old 30 May 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by DeeM View Post
This looks like a great idea. So if I booked a night's camping at FW I get to book my FPs at 60 days out over a rolling period, get magic bands and 2 free days parking?

I guess if I booked for our first night in Orlando we could pick up the magic bands after our first day at MK, would that be right?
I'd book for your 1st full day - and check in early to collect magic bands before hitting the parks - once your checked in you'll get free parking that day and the next.

We're going for 18 nights, so have booked for day 4 which is when we'll start our Disney visits.
Old 31 May 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
I'd book for your 1st full day - and check in early to collect magic bands before hitting the parks - once your checked in you'll get free parking that day and the next.

We're going for 18 nights, so have booked for day 4 which is when we'll start our Disney visits.
How early can you check in?

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bobobalde
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by LunaNyteskye View Post
How early can you check in?
Somebody told me you can check in anytime after 6am - room won't be available for you in most cases, but you can leave your bags, get your magic bands the head off to the parks.
bobobalde is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi there
You can pick up bands and check in ahead of your actual reservation so that you can go straight to the park. Please see reply I received from guest services in April. I have since booked the campsite for one night and it linked immediately!

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.
We give complimentary Magic Bands® when a guest stays at any of our resorts including the campsites. If you live in the US, then we send out your MBs to you in advance. You can begin to do your online check in at 60 days prior to check in, through your My Disney Experience® (MDX) account. You can actually go to the resort ten days in advance of your check in date to activate your package so you can begin to use it. That cannot be done online or over the phone, but only at the resort itself and only ten days or less prior to check in. So, you see, we have plenty of options for you in regards to what you are asking. I hope this helps to answer your questions and that you have a magical visit with us."