Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jun 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Dissapointed 😔😔😔
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

They used to have a scale at one of the raft rides at Wet and Wild
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Different staff seem to have different ideas on what the safety rules etc are, think they need the same training. My husband was told that he couldn't go on a ride because he had sunglasses on, but these are prescription sunglasses, so when we explained, they let him on. When we went up the queue, we noticed several people with normal sunglasses on.

Someone was told at the top of a ride they couldn't wear water shoes but the person at the bottom of the ride said they could.

So they really need to sort out their communication.

We still enjoyed our visits there though.
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

universalorlando/web...ders-guide.pdf

This has lots of info
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for posting that. Very informative and clears up quite a few things
Old 18 Jun 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pantaloons
slightly serious Dibber

Im curious to know if the weight restrictions have changed. Initially the golden number was 300lbs / 135kg / 21st , but yesterday TheTimTracker on his latest VB video stated they were denied entry and the weight limit on some of the slides has now been reduced to 200lbs / 90kg / 14.2 stone which I imagine will see a considerable amount of people turned away.
Pantaloons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pantaloons View Post
Im curious to know if the weight restrictions have changed. Initially the golden number was 300lbs / 135kg / 21st , but yesterday TheTimTracker on his latest VB video stated they were denied entry and the weight limit on some of the slides has now been reduced to 200lbs / 90kg / 14.2 stone which I imagine will see a considerable amount of people turned away.
I think initially the only limit that got talked about was the 300lb limit for the big one. That's still the case

Not sure if the 200lb limit for the others was always set, and not known by the public, or new

It means I can't do them fwiw
Old 18 Jun 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3family View Post
I think initially the only limit that got talked about was the 300lb limit for the big one. That's still the case

Not sure if the 200lb limit for the others was always set, and not known by the public, or new

It means I can't do them fwiw
I think they were recently updated, and the link to Universal website posted by justacy above is the latest version.

There are 2 rides that have the 200lb (90kg) weight limit at the moment and they are the body slides. Whether that will change again is anyone's guess!

Edited at 08:06 PM.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Bioreconstruct on Twitter has been posting some wait time boards during the day. The 200lb limits on the two serpentine slides have had a massive effect with them being practically walk on and the main drop being 310 minutes

Hope it's ok to link it. It's by far the best source of information on VB.
mobile.twitter/bioreconstruct

Edited at 08:18 PM.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

15 stone is still quiet heavy especially if under 6ft. I would assume most people especially children and young adults would not be affected.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List