Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jun 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post

When I spoke to the staff at VB they were really helpful and said the evenings are good, but is that just because that's what they think we want to hear? I really hope its not a let down as we love the other water parks and am concerned that all clips or videos I have watched are really slating it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by tymba View Post
When I spoke to the staff at VB they were really helpful and said the evenings are good, but is that just because that's what they think we want to hear? I really hope its not a let down as we love the other water parks and am concerned that all clips or videos I have watched are really slating it?
My daughter is adamant we are going after 18:00 Friday so if we do go I'll give an update 👍👎
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh that would be great thank you so much. Hope you have a good time, be great to hear what it is like. Thank you
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It's normally wet in the early evening though during the summer - that's why it is much quieter!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

that's good to know, thank you
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by talk talk View Post
Lockers are paid for by credit card only and are registered using the tapu tapu. Prices are $8, $12 or $15. I think they only provide towels if you get a cabana.

We went to VB for visit #2 today Wed 28th June and this is how the trip panned out :- Arrived at 08:25 and after slight delays with bus transport and ticket check/ tapu tapu distribution, entered park at exactly 09:00. TOP TIP We headed left on entry to park (most people go right by instinct) and headed left towards and behind the volcano (Krakatoa). Here there are plenty of parasols and is a good base for most of the main rides. We got a family parasol that was big enough for 5 sun beds. We went straight to a family ride (4 on a raft) as it was ride now but did wait for about 25 minutes before a great ride. We then registered for Krakatoa with a wait time of 55 minutes so headed for the rapids and lazed away the time. When we got the call to ride now it was approximately 10:55 and the Rapids was getting pretty busy. We joined the Krakatoa queue but, as a 4, where directed up an 'express type' queue and only waited 15 minutes before starting the ride. Krakatoa is an aqua coaster and I thoroughly recommend trying as it's a great ride. There is a 2 person slide which is always ride now so we went on that twice and by this time it was 11:15. We were pretty much done now and took an hour out on the sun beds and ate our pre-prepared lunch we brought in to the park. TOP TIP Walmart do a ham, turkey, cheese and salad sub for $6.99 and is easily big enough for 3 adults. At about 12:30 we did the 2 man slide again (ride now) and finished off in the wave pool for approx 25 mins. We left at 14:30 and all in all a very enjoyable day again. For info, I think someone asked about water shoes and we saw several people wearing them and they are on sale throughout the park.😀😀😀
So it's okay to take your own food into VB? I remember being stopped at Aquatica when it first opened from taking in anything except water?
Old 28 Jun 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
scnickr
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'm really not that fused, but since I'll have 14 day Universal tickets, I'll probably give it a go. If we get there and love it, a bonus. Apart from queuing issues, I'm also concerned at it's cramped location between two motorways and apparent lack of shade
This was our concern too but you honestly don't notice it when you're in the park (unless standing on the towers queuing). It's well done from this prospect - one of the few positives we had about the park.
scnickr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post

I wonder if it will be busier in the evening, as cooler or quieter?
I am getting nervous as my husband has paid a lot of money pre-booking a cabana and I am now thinking maybe we should get a refund, I went on trip adviser and there are so many bad reviews. The day we go is a Saturday so it will be busier (although the time in august we are going is a quieter week as there is a dip) the park is open until 9pm so I thought it may be busy but then may quieten down towards the evening, but I am just so anxious about the cost and if we are wasting our money after reading all of the reviews. Everyone who comments is saying the lazy rivers are awful, rammed pack and you can not have younger children on your lap and that it is not a proper lazy river, My two older children (13 and 10) will enjoy all of the rides but the younger one (6) likes lazy rivers, wave pools and children's play pools. I just need to decided if there is enough for a full day as the cabana is really expensive (dearer than other water parks) and so you need to stay all day to get value for money. Or do I just phone and cancel and get a refund, but everyone seems to be saying that there is no shade unless you have a cabana. Sorry to ask so many questions but as you all know it is not cheap and in Orlando you want to use your money wisely. What are the shoes everyone is on about wearing at the park, is it like beach shoes? like they sell here in the UK? Thank you so much from a worried Mum.
Old 29 Jun 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ramsays View Post
So it's okay to take your own food into VB? I remember being stopped at Aquatica when it first opened from taking in anything except water?
Yes, food is ok so long as it's not a large picnic. I checked the Universal web site before we went to the park
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by tymba View Post
I wonder if it will be busier in the evening, as cooler or quieter?
I am getting nervous as my husband has paid a lot of money pre-booking a cabana and I am now thinking maybe we should get a refund, I went on trip adviser and there are so many bad reviews. The day we go is a Saturday so it will be busier (although the time in august we are going is a quieter week as there is a dip) the park is open until 9pm so I thought it may be busy but then may quieten down towards the evening, but I am just so anxious about the cost and if we are wasting our money after reading all of the reviews. Everyone who comments is saying the lazy rivers are awful, rammed pack and you can not have younger children on your lap and that it is not a proper lazy river, My two older children (13 and 10) will enjoy all of the rides but the younger one (6) likes lazy rivers, wave pools and children's play pools. I just need to decided if there is enough for a full day as the cabana is really expensive (dearer than other water parks) and so you need to stay all day to get value for money. Or do I just phone and cancel and get a refund, but everyone seems to be saying that there is no shade unless you have a cabana. Sorry to ask so many questions but as you all know it is not cheap and in Orlando you want to use your money wisely. What are the shoes everyone is on about wearing at the park, is it like beach shoes? like they sell here in the UK? Thank you so much from a worried Mum.
There is a lazy river which was pretty quiet when we went yesterday morning, but also a more popular Rapids which is definitely the busier of the 2 as it's where most teenagers prefer to go. The shoes are just regular water shoes you can buy and can wear in the water but I've only seen a couple of people wearing them. Not necessary in my view but some must like or need them! Weekends will inevitably be much busier as is true of all the theme parks but as I previously mentioned I don't think there is any less shade at VB than the Disney water parks.
The cabanas looked great by the way 😀😀

Edited at 06:42 PM.