Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Jul 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm all set to book our first days FP's today, not holding out much hope of getting FOP so prepared to be getting up early. We're staying off site and as it will be our first park we will need to get our magic bands this day. Will this really slow us down?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Redhead78
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Blunder babe View Post
I'm all set to book our first days FP's today, not holding out much hope of getting FOP so prepared to be getting up early. We're staying off site and as it will be our first park we will need to get our magic bands this day. Will this really slow us down?
I'm planning to get our magicbands at the airport when we land (if I remember!), maybe this would be an option for you if flying into MCO?
Redhead78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Mobile

Great skills OP! This made me chuckle as we thought we'd be clever and try to get there for rope drop only for DH to be met with a 180 minute wait at around 9.15am. Your post has answered a few of our questions so I'll pass this info on to him

We've just come back and we found FOP mind blowing too. We only booked one FP for it as we had our little lady in tow this time so we thought once would be enough. Wrong! Luckily we managed to bag another FP before we left Can't wait to get back now though.
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 17, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
traeth
Getting Excited

Mobile

Great advice. Thank you. We are planning to do 2 visits. On the first we will look exactly where we have to go and on the second we will be prepared. fingers crossed.
traeth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Worked a treat today arrived for rope drop walked us all to fop and then guided us àll into the line. It seemed like it would be forever to get on but was very quick they actually fed us all through the fast pass route even though we weren't fast passes.
Very clever they wanted to make sure they moved the massive crowd through quickly without much disturbance.
We were through by about 9:20.
Ride is fantastic have to say it's soarin on steroids.
Also noted you could get fast passes for the afternoon not sure if they are holding passes for park guests maybe. We went on again in the afternoon said 115 minutes and think it was about that, we didn't realise in the morning we had gone the fastpass route as we thought it won't take that long 😂 how wrong we were.
You do get to see the navi in the tank this way.
The boat ride is very nice but I wouldn't queue for it unless it was very short.
Oh and it rained pretty much all day today at AK and surrounding areas.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Mobile

We are here now and we have ridden it 3 times so far with Fastpasses also booked for later in our trip. It gets better each time you ride it.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Can I ask about the ride position on FOP

Due to my balance problems with my ms I find it hard to do anything that you are really tilted forwards

I am fine on Expedition Everest and Rock n Rollercoaster because you sit upright but couldnt do Manta for example

No way am I missing the ride but I do want to prepare myself !
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It's basically like sitting on a motorbike the seats only tilt backwards and forwards no other motion.
They don't tilt very far forwards either the 3d takes care of the rest of the illusion.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
It's basically like sitting on a motorbike the seats only tilt backwards and forwards no other motion.
They don't tilt very far forwards either the 3d takes care of the rest of the illusion.
That sounds fine

Thanks
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Great post. This is exactly what we'll be doing as we havent got fast passes x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List