Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Oct 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Disney have officially said summer 2018 so it was either misread or was an error on the board.

It looks pretty far along and is not a complicated build like Pandora or Star Wars will be so I think May is definitely possible. These things can always change though.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Maybe that's the final completion date with some rides opening earlier? The board was outside a room showing a model of the new layout.
There are only two new rides being added to Toy Story Land and both are due to open in summer 2018.

I suspect the board was talking about all the work being done at HS at the moment - including Star Wars Land. Walt Disney Presents (the building showing the model of Toy Story Land) also has models and information about Star Wars Land (aka Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
rachael1991
Helping Minnie

rachael1991's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not going til November next year hopefully some teething problems will be sorted. We went September last year when FEA was still fairly new and it was down every time we went to Epcot!
WDW Honeymoon... 2021?
rachael1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
derekmac
Apprentice Imagineer

We spoke to our american friends and they say it will open the weekend we get there 27th may, i'm hoping that's true
Avanti Resort June 2019, Calypso cay May 2018, Rosen Inn International Sept 2016, Orlando Gateway June 2013, Quality Inn International Sept 2011, Econo Lodge Sept 2010, All Star Music Oct 2009, Holiday Inn I-Drive June 2008, Doubletree Club LBV Oct 2006, Orlando Grand Plaza I-Drive May 2005, Clarion Universal I-Drive May 2004, Best Western Movie June 1999
derekmac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Stampax
Trading Disney Pins

Is this going to be basically the same as the toy story land in Paris? We’ve been 5ere and it was impressive, but obviously if this is just exactly the same then it won’t be too exciting for us personally next year. Pretty sure there was a slinky ride in Paris, so I’m guessing that’s exactly the same.
Stampax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stampax View Post
Is this going to be basically the same as the toy story land in Paris? We’ve been 5ere and it was impressive, but obviously if this is just exactly the same then it won’t be too exciting for us personally next year. Pretty sure there was a slinky ride in Paris, so I’m guessing that’s exactly the same.
No, it's not like Slinky in DLP. The ride vehicle looks similar but it's a much larger coaster, although still a family friendly one.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Let's hope this will mean the return of evening emh at HS next summer (for the whole park).

Edited at 10:54 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
It wont be like Paris, these rides wont break down as often as they do in Paris

Its coming along nicely from the aerial shots I've seen recently, they have just started theming the slinky coaster with trees in and around it. The new lunch box canteen has gone up and the new entrance to midway mania is coming along. They have even put one (lonely) Andys shoe print down on the path.
Old 5 Nov 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

It will be far superior to the slinky dog in DP... So for me cannot wait... oh and Disneyworld Florida v Disneyland Paris there is no comparison the CS is far superior than DP.. can't wait.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SlumanBee
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
It wont be like Paris, these rides wont break down as often as they do in Paris

Its coming along nicely from the aerial shots I've seen recently, they have just started theming the slinky coaster with trees in and around it. The new lunch box canteen has gone up and the new entrance to midway mania is coming along. They have even put one (lonely) Andys shoe print down on the path.
Interested to know whether these photos are available on the internet?
SlumanBee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List