Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Oct 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TerryAFS View Post
I understand that parking for a car at Disney or Universal is $20 a day. That's what I call money making!

I stayed at a hotel on I Drive last year who offered a shuttle to the parks. Although I had to stick to their schedule, it was well worth it.
I don't see $20 for what can be up to 16 hours parking as a lot to pay. They could always give free parking and charge to use the rest rooms I suppose.

Edited at 09:02 AM.
7SeasSailor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I actually think it’s not bad value compared to city car parking charges in the UK. Remember it includes a shuttle to/from your car in WDW and you can be parked for over 12 hrs, so less than $2 an hour.
For that I can come and go as I please and not be dependant on a third party’s timetable.i can leave for a couple hours, eat offsite and return later, all independent of any third party services.

For this flexibility I’ll gladly pay the cost. If $20 is too much to pay then yes accept less flexibility and adhere to others schedules, it’s a personal choice. I’m not saying your wrong as it worked for you, I’m just showing the alternative that worked for me.
Point taken but "adhering to others schedules" wasn't a problem as I was offered a choice of four journeys each way at very convenient times. I traveled alone which meant I could come and go as I pleased. As for your point about the shuttle in WDW to and from the parking lots, (mainly used in MK) that's of Disney's own making as they chose a layout that meant you can't walk from the parking lot to the TTC! As you say though, personal choice and I've done it both ways.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
You can always park for free at Disney springs and catch the Disney transport to the parks via Disney hotels
After 4pm you can catch Disney transport from the parks direct to Disney springs

Is a bit time consuming but can be done
Way too much of a faff for me to save $20, and not what Disney wants. If that way gets very popular, watch for car park charges at Disney Springs, or limited waiting times, maybe 4 hours, to discourage the theme park parkers.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Way too much of a faff for me to save $20, and not what Disney wants. If that way gets very popular, watch for car park charges at Disney Springs, or limited waiting times, maybe 4 hours, to discourage the theme park parkers.
Exactly. Soon enough people who actually want to visit Disney Springs will have to pay for parking to compensate for those who won’t factor in theme park parking costs into their holiday.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post

We will be visiting for the first time next week. I think its daylight robbery that rodent is ripping people off. Have paid £2k for my tickets and he still wants more. Visiting 5 times will cost $100, will not spend a penny more, Think so many people have been brainwashed by Disney. Rant over. still looking forward to going though.
Old 21 Oct 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by NIVAG View Post
We will be visiting for the first time next week. I think its daylight robbery that rodent is ripping people off. Have paid £2k for my tickets and he still wants more. Visiting 5 times will cost $100, will not spend a penny more, Think so many people have been brainwashed by Disney. Rant over. still looking forward to going though.
No brainwashing involved, you either pay or you don’t. Same at Universal...minus the rodent.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I have to be honest, i really do object to the $20 parking cost. I think it is way too much. the park tickets are extremely expensive, everything you purchase in the park is very expensive. I would rather be giving them the money in the park than to park my car. It also puts you off just going for a few hours afternoon/evening as it is still the same price. I strongly feel they should offer a multi day parking ticket. they charge you for eg i know its not accurate $100 for a single day park ticket but they don't charge you $1000 for a 10 day park ticket. to factor in a possible $180-200 for parking on top of everything else I feel is a rip off. I remember when it was $10... i think it may have been less on our first trip.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

I have always thought $20 to park was a lot..

However... Once you arrive you get a space.. Team Shuttle to the park entrance...

The biggest bonus for me is even when the park closes and thousands are leaving.. Theres no traffic queues...

The road infrastructure is awesome
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

As stated it is $20. Although this is extremely expensive. When you factor in the cost of multiple visits and multi day park tickets. It has steadily risen over the years and in my opinion has gone too far. But sadly as others state the freedom a hire car gives you means its a price we end up paying. For our next holiday i have started setting aside parking only money. $150 for 3 weeks including kennedy parking.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by NIVAG View Post
you will fit in here

i can see why that is your 2nd post in just under 3 years