Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Oct 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Struggling with car seats - Urgent! - UPDATED

We fly tomorrow morning and are struggling to fit both our carseats in the bag and have come to the conclusion that its too much hassle and we will buy one from walmart when we get there. Have found one for $29 so thats great. would the car care centre at Disney loan us a car seat or rent one for an hour while we went to pick it up? Or any other suggestions - Help!

Edited at 11:24 AM.
skstorm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

No i dont think they will do that. They give you bags at check in though you can put one in that?
Depending on your childrens age, they wont let you leave the car hire unless they are in the right seat.
Is a booster seat an option?
Will the car seats come to pieces, ie back seperate?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Or go and buy a smaller one over here?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
No i dont think they will do that. They give you bags at check in though you can put one in that?
Depending on your childrens age, they wont let you leave the car hire unless they are in the right seat.
Is a booster seat an option?
Will the car seats come to pieces, ie back seperate?
Yes they come apart and we could get the bottom in but not the top. we need 2 of them and we have the little one's seat which is one of the bigger seats as he's only 2 and not quite in the booster yet and we could just about squeeze the bottom in but no chance of the top part as well.I'n not over comfortable in just having the eldest on a booster as I've seen the safety demo's he's only 5 and rally does still need his seat. rather than stressing would rather just go and get one from wall mart or a n other shop to be honest - especially for $29
skstorm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Hunt out the Guy at the CCC who does the meet and greet when you take the car back. He will be right outside the front entrance.

I am sure $20 will sort you out. I may be wrong but I bet I'm not. Be discreet though.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Leave one adult at SSR with the kids

go pick the car up

go to walmart buy the car seats

go back to SSR to safely pick up the rest of the family

if you need to add another driver, you can go back to DCCC after everyone is safely buckled up.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Hunt out the Guy at the CCC who does the meet and greet when you take the car back. He will be right outside the front entrance.

I am sure $20 will sort you out. I may be wrong but I bet I'm not. Be discreet though.

I will try it - would he be on the front desk? I don't suppose you have a contact for CCC do you Tom? wanted to ask if they had a specific car.
thanks
Old 23 Oct 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
No contact sorry albeit their is a lovely Lady normally on the desk there. An ex pat as I clocked her accent, maybe mid 50's?

I don't believe in tipping to get a car not in the class booked. But I do believe in tipping to get a newer or better car in the class I want. For example I have tipped $20 to get a brand new Cadillac not one with 15000 on the clock!
With regards to a seat I think they couldn't care less. I do know somebody blagged one for free at MCO some 2 weeks ago as he posted it.

I like the CCC and have swapped a car out twice there due to slow punctures. Very chilled out, no hard sell. Be polite and ask for what you want. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Edit. What part of SSR have you asked for? See you on the weekend!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 04:07 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
samnbaz
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

we have always just put each seat in a plastic bag supplied at check in, dosent count towards your allowance so not sure why you would be struggling to fit them in anywhere?
samnbaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Just realised you are getting from Disney, not the airport. I agree with another poster, just the driver can go and get the car and go and buy car seats in that case.