Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Oct 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by samnbaz View Post
we have always just put each seat in a plastic bag supplied at check in, dosent count towards your allowance so not sure why you would be struggling to fit them in anywhere?
I wondered that . Prams,car seats & disability equipment ie wheelchair doesn't count.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
carol613
Earning More Ears

Hi ,
I have booked for next August will be taking my granddaughter who will be three when we go , would like to know how you get on with the car seat , i was thinking of taking her car seat out with us ,
Not sure whats best
Good luck ,
Please could you let me know
Enjoy you Holiday
carol613 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
seems a lot of bother to leave everyone there while you go off to walmart to buy one i would say if you do that inside an hour you will have done very well,in my opinion it will be nearer two hours. how much are you saving as opposed to hiring one? is it really worth that hassle?
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
brown78p
Proud to wear my Ears

We collected our car from Alamo at MCO on October 2nd. We had skip the counter completed with Alamo so went straight to the garage where we were met by an assistant who stated that in my category - Prestige SUV I would get a Lincoln Continental. I knew that the choice was Lincoln, Infiniti or Cadillac Escalade. So I politely said that I wanted to choose my car, which seemed to throw the assistant but she went into the office and came out with a selection of keys saying they had lots of Lincoln Continental's some Infiniti's or one long wheel base Escalade. I had a look at the cars then asked for the Cadillac Escalade, gave her a tip then asked if I could borrow a baby seat. (My granddaughter was travelling with my son so a car seat in both cars would be useful.) She went as far as to check the size of my granddaughter then gave me the correct seat for her size and said that if I had issues fitting the seat to go back and that she would assist me. Fantastic service, I got the car I wanted with a child seat at the cost of a tip. I could not fault them.
brown78p is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I've picked a car from DCC and they are really helpful and have a ton of seats. I'm sure if you asked they would let you loan one for a short while or just hire one from them (not sure how much that would be tho) last time he just said have this one on me happy days
When we go next time I have an empty case so will put in there as I bought one from UK in the sale and if I have to leave it there so be it! The kids need a proper seat dont they I wouldn't risk a booster either
Old 23 Oct 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by storm View Post
I wondered that . Prams,car seats & disability equipment ie wheelchair doesn't count.
Its not so much the allowance as we just physically can't carry them with 2 kids, double pushchair 3 large cases + hand luggage only myself and hubby
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
No contact sorry albeit their is a lovely Lady normally on the desk there. An ex pat as I clocked her accent, maybe mid 50's?

I don't believe in tipping to get a car not in the class booked. But I do believe in tipping to get a newer or better car in the class I want. For example I have tipped $20 to get a brand new Cadillac not one with 15000 on the clock!
With regards to a seat I think they couldn't care less. I do know somebody blagged one for free at MCO some 2 weeks ago as he posted it.

I like the CCC and have swapped a car out twice there due to slow punctures. Very chilled out, no hard sell. Be polite and ask for what you want. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Edit. What part of SSR have you asked for? See you on the weekend!
Ok confession time haven't done online check in yet (told you it had been a stressful day) would like the springs area if we have a choice as love high springs pool not sure which is the closest area after that. Had dad with us previously and he has a wheelchair so always been at the springs. - love saratoga springs if I had DVC thats where I would want to be. Where are you Tom? If you see us walking with the kids say Hi would love to say hello, 2 boys small one has longish hair and 5 year old is pretty tall with short hair both dark hair. I have long dark hair and hubby usually has his in a small ponytail.
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Ok confession time haven't done online check in yet (told you it had been a stressful day) would like the springs area if we have a choice as love high springs pool not sure which is the closest area after that. Had dad with us previously and he has a wheelchair so always been at the springs. - love saratoga springs if I had DVC thats where I would want to be. Where are you Tom? If you see us walking with the kids say Hi would love to say hello, 2 boys small one has longish hair and 5 year old is pretty tall with short hair both dark hair. I have long dark hair and hubby usually has his in a small ponytail.
Hi. We will be in Congress Park. You will soon spot us. My Son shaves his head, I have no hair. My Wife is the only one who is normal looking!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

we will have a walk over and see if we can spot you. I'll stand by the congress park look paging Mr Tom Morrow :-)
Old 23 Oct 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
we will have a walk over and see if we can spot you. I'll stand by the congress park look paging Mr Tom Morrow :-)
Ha ha. Head for the pool and listen out for what sounds like a grizzly bear snoring. That's me sadly!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List