Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
It changed in 2016 from a 50p fixed fee for debit cards to a percentage like Credit Cards. But not quite as high.

For instance processing £5,000 on a Debit card will now cost the company £10 rather than 50p.

This explains more...

cardswitcher/2016/...change-2016-2/
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
Apparently if it is a package (I/e Hotel and flight) then it is according to the financial Ombudsman...

financial-ombudsman.u...rds-31.htm#316
I would still say its a grey area no matter what. And what is of more importance is the merchant being ATOL and ABTA protected.
As Section 75 is a legal claim the onus is on the cardholder to be able to produce proof of breach of contract or misrepresentation.
Section 75 can be an extremely long process and is never a guaranteed way to be reimbursed.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
How does your research show how are they going to survive if they cant get customers?
As much as it’s possible to research any business.

Obviously any business is susceptible to failure but we have to put faith in them sometimes otherwise the economy would implode.

For the record I’m not chuffed about the new cc payment system either but we’d already committed to them before the change and didn’t know they were going to do it, so there’s little I can do about it now. To be fair with the new changes brought out there are going to more of these issues for sure!

Business aren’t charity’s and will always cover themselves where possible. Just like the customer.

I’m sure if they can see a drop in custom they will rethink their new policy’s because I’m pretty sure they don’t want to fail either since it’s their livelihood at stake.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
If you've already booked with Charter Travel and have the funds, why not just pay via bank transfer and avoid the card fees altogether? (appreciate you wouldn't get cashback or points like you might on a credit card)

If it's for failure cover, you should already be covered from your initial deposit payment?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Google companies house beta and search for charter travel on there it will show there accounts if they are up to date etc.

However I’ve just credit checked them it’s Charter Travel Llp And this is a new company formed last year with very little information available at the moment.
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by feelingnuts View Post
Google companies house beta and search for charter travel on there it will show there accounts if they are up to date etc.

However I’ve just credit checked them it’s Charter Travel Llp And this is a new company formed last year with very little information available at the moment.
Same owner though.

Kat
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I never worried about using Charter before but it doesn't take a lot to scare people. Only booking accommodation leaves me with no protection, later in the year I'm handing over nearly 8K. !

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs_dlw
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Funnily enough I had to pay a tax bill today and the gov.uk website is exactly the same, they will only accept debit card or corporate credit card! And, regardless of how inefficiently it may run at times, the government and tax office won’t be going out of business anytime soon! x
Animal Kingdom Lodge / RPR - October 2015
mrs_dlw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrs_dlw View Post
Funnily enough I had to pay a tax bill today and the gov.uk website is exactly the same, they will only accept debit card or corporate credit card! And, regardless of how inefficiently it may run at times, the government and tax office won’t be going out of business anytime soon! x
Exactly! Thank you for that information I’m sure that will reassure people more as it has me?!

Kat
Old 20 Jan 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Exactly! Thank you for that information I’m sure that will reassure people more as it has me?!

Kat
HMRC is not going to go into liquidation is it?

We have examples on this thread where people may end up paying £8000 without any protection whatsoever ever

I wouldn’t do it. I’m sure Martin Lewis would agree too
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread