Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Feb 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

When people say- swim with otters , do you literally get to swim with them?

Seems that a lot of this park is paid extras, for example the ray swimming is that additional cash?
cameroon95 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

We didn't go on our last trip but we went on the one before. We went at Easter and went on Easter Sunday, the weather and food was beautiful, there is so much to do I think the only thing we didn't do was visit the birds.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

This is the most chilled and relaxing day of out holidays. We no longer do dolphin swim, which was good experience. Sea venture was also excellent experience. We live swimming with rays, snorkling with fish..all free..in grand reef, and the warm lazy river that is deep in places with lots to explore, diving down...the aviary if fun too feeding birds that also hop on you. You can lie in warm pool watching marmesets and otters. Or sit on sunbed, in warm pool having a beer, Pina colada. It's a great break from parks, with all you need provided. It's not bad value either with the other parks included and free food that day...time it right and you get 3 meals as well as all drinks and snacks.
We barely have a chance to lie on a sunbed, so much to do!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

This is one of our favourite days. It's relaxing and fun.

We are doing the dolphin swim this time but have not bothered in the past. We enjoy swimming around the lazy river and stopping off at the aviary to feed the birds. The grand reef is fun, but it can take your breath away when you enter (its so cold).

The buffet food is lovely. We normally have 3 meals and enjoy the snacks and slush ice drinks. This time we are staying on international drive so we are going to get an uber to DC so we can both have a couple of cocktails.

We also buy the ultimate tickets that gives us entry to Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch with free parking.

I would say you must give it a try. As you can see it's not for everyone but it might be for you.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cameroon95 View Post
When people say- swim with otters , do you literally get to swim with them?

Seems that a lot of this park is paid extras, for example the ray swimming is that additional cash?
The otters were behind glass. Too dangerous to have them in the water with you, they can be vicious!

The swimming with rays is in the main lagoon and that’s included. The only paid extras are the Seaventure and the photos. I wasn’t a big fan of DC but in fairness most things are included in the price.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano31
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

1st time we went we enjoyed it.
2nd time around we got bored

If your into SeaWorld and Busch garden it usually includes ticket for them as well
Deano31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are going for the 4th time in a few weeks. We love it there, its our fav day.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Been twice, did the swim first time and glad we did for the kids but didn’t think it was worth the extra money. Enjoyed it just as much second time without the swim and given that we planned to do SW, AQ and BG anyway it didn’t seem to cost that much more to buy the ticket for those that included DC. Having said all that I think if I went without having ever done the dolphin swim I would probably feel like I’d missed out
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

For us, we went for the Dolphin Swim on our first trip in 2014.
It was a lovely day with the aviary and the rays too. The food was plentiful and alcohol was included.
But as a couple we aren't the laying round the pool type so we haven't been back since.

I do suggest it in passing, but we are unlikely to go to Busch, Aquatica and SeaWorld so it would come out at quite an expensive 'rest' day.

We are more likely to head to Volcano Bay on this trip if any water themed park!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We enjoy the day with no swim, we have been many times now.

I wouldn’t pay as a stand-alone day but we live sea world and Busch gardens so the ultimate ticket makes sense for us.

It’s also classed as a official rest day
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List