Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Feb 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Epcot or MK solo with two toddlers?

We're doing a few nights at the Poly then moving off site. I'm thinking about taking the kids in to a park while my husband gets our stuff down to the villa. I can get the monorail to MK or Epcot and it would only be for a couple of hours. Kids will be 3 and 1, still in a double buggy but the little one is walking.
Which park would everyone recommend?
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

You could walk around world showcase quite easily and meet some characters and do the colouring (Duffy bear)

Or magic kingdom has quite a few rides suitable for toddlers.

However in all honesty I’d just go to the villa with DH. Check out your pool and get settled in.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
You could walk around world showcase quite easily and meet some characters and do the colouring (Duffy bear)

Or magic kingdom has quite a few rides suitable for toddlers.

However in all honesty I’d just go to the villa with DH. Check out your pool and get settled in.
Ahh of course, the world showcase is a good idea. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to get through a ride queue on my own with both of them because they have a habit of running off in opposite directions!

We don't quite have enough space in the car for the rental buggy plus bags, but this is the only trip we'll need everything. My thought was that he could pack up the car and get it all down to the villa rather than paying to go up 2 car classes. It means we don't have to unpack the car whilst trying to figure out where the kids can be safely left to play too.
Old 16 Feb 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

If i was at the poly it would be a no brainer to head to MK. Easiest monorail journey and there are plenty of toddler friendly attractions.

I'd probably hang around fantasyland
Old 16 Feb 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

There's more for little ones at Mk. If its hot I'd get them in there swim gear and head over to Fantasy land and let them run riot in Casey's Jr Splash & Soak area - my kids could spend hours in there.

Edited at 10:38 AM.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'd have said go into fantasyland too. But Bev makes a good point about world showcase and if you're not keen on struggling in and out of the buggy for rides then perhaps this is the better option, plus you could wander down the boardwalk if it gets busy and grab an ice cream...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
There's more for little ones at Mk. If its hot I'd get them in there swim gear and head over to Fantasy land and let them run riot in Casey's Jr Splash & Soak area - my kids could spend hours in there.
Such a lovely photo . My 1 year old isn’t a big fan of water . She will only be 14 months when we go, so I’m wary of letting her run off if I don’t have eyes on her all the time. She is fearless! Good idea when we’re both with them though .

I think I’ll wait until we’ve done both parks and see how the girls cope with queues etc with both of us rather than trying to get any FP+ now.
Old 17 Feb 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post

MK for me, alot more to do
Old 18 Feb 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Such a lovely photo . My 1 year old isn’t a big fan of water . She will only be 14 months when we go, so I’m wary of letting her run off if I don’t have eyes on her all the time. She is fearless! Good idea when we’re both with them though .

I think I’ll wait until we’ve done both parks and see how the girls cope with queues etc with both of us rather than trying to get any FP+ now.
Ah mine are water babies, they'd spend hours hours in the water fountains or pools.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hire a park double buggy and get three kid friendly FPP for Magic Kingdom. Much more for them there than at Epcot. Take the train around the park, ride the carousel and sit in one of the nine horse seats, Dumbo and the play area there in the queue, Small World, Peter Pan’s Flight and meet Talking Mickey. Good luck!