Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jul 16, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TheKleenezeMan
Excited about Disney

Thanks aydeepee. Do you know the answer to this: I do not do coasters however taking 2 kids 12 & 14 so are they able to go on alone (they meet the height requirement)
TheKleenezeMan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DebsMK
Very Serious Dibber

We went to Busch Gardens last Wednesday and although the park generally seemed quite quiet the queues were over an hour. We got there at 10am headed straight for Cheetah Hunt and stood in a queue for 1 hour 10 mins. 40 min queue for Rapids, 1 hour for the flume, 1.30 hour queue for Sheikra due to a couple of technical issues. Watched the Critter show mid way through and took the train ride. This was all we managed to do by around 6.30pm. Also be aware that even though the park is open until 9pm the main restaurants close at 7pm! We didn't realise and were then walking around the whole place looking for food. Finally found the burger bar in Marrakech open but we had to eat outside without A/C and during the usual afternoon thunderstorm. Fast passes would've been better, but as we were able to park near and it looked quite empty we didn't bother.
DebsMK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jojj View Post
thank you for the tips
we are a family of 6 and have never been before
planning on Monday 29th Aug or Tues 30th Aug

DH and 2 teen boys will go on all the coasters

Me and DS 7 and DD5 will wander about maybe and take it all in as they don't do thrill rides

How long would you suggest that the big rides as per your post will take for the 3 of them to do please?

Just wondering how long I will be on my own for with the 2 little ones!

thanks
Hi. The plan mentioned seems good for riders, but I have spent a day in BG every holiday so far and as a non rider and also with a small child, I am sorry to say that I find it horrible. There never feels like there is very much to do and I end up sitting around in the furnace like heat all day, sweating and waiting... zzzzz... I have put my foot down this year and I am not going. We also always see more love bugs at BG than anywhere else too. I know some people love it there, so sorry to them, but I just wanted to add my view and give a different point of view. I think you may be better off staying at your hotel or villa and letting the others go by themselves.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

thank you

I don't think I'd want to spend all day in my villa with the 2 little ones on my own, and I don't drive either.

Hopefully it will be ok, and if they have the quick queue tickets then maybe we will be ready to leave by mid afternoon

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
VIP Dibber

aydeepee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Hi. The plan mentioned seems good for riders, but I have spent a day in BG every holiday so far and as a non rider and also with a small child, I am sorry to say that I find it horrible. There never feels like there is very much to do and I end up sitting around in the furnace like heat all day, sweating and waiting... zzzzz... I have put my foot down this year and I am not going. We also always see more love bugs at BG than anywhere else too. I know some people love it there, so sorry to them, but I just wanted to add my view and give a different point of view. I think you may be better off staying at your hotel or villa and letting the others go by themselves.
Funnily enough - I am a 'bag holder' too and you wont get me on them rides for £1m!
Appreciate tho that not all parks or for everyone and BG is no different.
There are attractions like Jungala, Sesame Street Safari, the childrens rides near Nairobi and all the animals/birds encounters for non riders - but if they arent your thing or dont fill the gaps I get your point. Equally - it is a hot park so appreciate that too
Certain days have really cheap Quick Queue options so I try and aim for those days so DW & DS are on and off quickly

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater / 1996 - I-Drive / 2006 - DLP / 2007 - I-Drive / 2008 - I-Drive & RPR / 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) / 2011 - RPR / 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) / Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour / Sept 2022 - Cape, Beach & Parks + IAN! / Sept 2024 - hoping to avoid Ian v2 *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have never been in 5 previous visits so have booked tickets for this year. Can't wait. Unfortunately we are travelling with a toddler and short 8 year old (who is a total coaster junkie but too short for the best ones, unluckily!). Does anyone know if there are Baby swaps? Might be worth getting a Queue jumper thing for one of us, although going in October so hoping for a quiet day. Toddler loves animals so am hopeful they will entertain her.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by secretivemum View Post
great tips thank you... we're going for the first time in a couple of weeks with all day dining, any top tips on what to eat... planning on breakfast, lunch and dinner
We had the all day dining package last year, I can't remember anywhere selling breakfast. There was a main food place facing falcon fury it opened about 11.00 and had lots of choices of mains and deserts. There was smaller places around but later in the day there was big queues just to get a drink.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Chester Cheesy
Helping Minnie

Chester Cheesy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great tips. Thank you. We're going at end of August and it's the first time as a family to BG although I went there with DW pre-kids in 97..prob a lot changed since then.
DW is a bag holder so I've got QQ for me and the 2 teenagers, to shortened the queuing but mainly so DW doesn't have to wait for so long.
I will use this plan definitely although prob go to Cobras Curse first as this isn't covered on quick q.

Is Cheetah Hunt getting bigger queues than CC even though it's only just opened?
Thanks
Old 26 Jul 16, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

A few more Busch opinions to throw in to the mix from a zoological park point of view...

If you're there for the animals (and they have some great enclosures so it's worth visiting for the animals), the carnivores are likely to be more active at the earlier and later moments of the day...

The tigers are actually on rotation in the main enclosures, there are two enclosures. The one with indoor air conditioned viewing and the one over the back with the pop up tunnel for viewing.

You generally find either two white tigers, two orange tigers or an orange and a cinnamon tiger. The cinnamon is a really rare colour mutation so quite interesting. I can take or leave the whites.

I think they still have the two Malayan tigers also so you may see those on show though we have only seen them backstage on the Jungala tour. Speaking of which, the Jungala tour is worth doing if you want to learn about the animal care and possible get very close to a tiger.

Jambo Junction and Curiosity caverns are worth a look, the former being home to animal ambassadors and a nice oppertunity to get up close. The latter has some cool species including my favourite, the Gila Monster.
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kbabble
Helping Mickey

Thanks so much! Will save this for when we are planning our next trip. BG is our favourite park - great rides and the contrast of being able to see the animals. Something for everyone
kbabble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List