Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Mar 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Glasgow 2019 Thomas Cook Flights Missing?

Hello Fellow Dibbers,

I was pricing up July 2019 flights from Glasgow with Thomas Cook a few weeks ago ( might have been Jan actually). Anyway they had flights going out on Fridays which suited us perfectly.

However those flights seem to have disappeared. I tried contacting customer services but they didn't have a clue.

I am now second guessing myself - but did anyone else notice Friday flights from Glasgow direct to MCO for 2019? Or have I imagined them?

While we are in Edinburgh the direct flights from Glasgow are our best bet since Tui flights force you to only go for 2 weeks! I know we can wait for Virgin to release their prices but we liked TC last time (apart from the lack of sleep on the flight back)
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Has the little orange plane disappeared on the specific day you wanted?
If so just still select that day and it should still show the flight. I noticed this last year when I was booking for this year.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
R3D4
Getting Excited

Mobile

I was looking before and there was definitely Friday flights.

As you say, they seem to have disappeared now which is strange. Friday flights suit us and the Sunday flights definitely don't.
R3D4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar

DougTemplar's Reviews
Originally Posted by R3D4 View Post
I was looking before and there was definitely Friday flights.

As you say, they seem to have disappeared now which is strange. Friday flights suit us and the Sunday flights definitely don't.
I'm so glad you confirmed this, I was really starting to second guess myself and worried I'd got things mixed up.

Sunday flights are a nightmare on the return trip because you don't get the weekend to get over the jet lag. I don't know if there are any Thomas Cook Airlines experts who can shed some light on what's happened. I'm sure someone must have booked those flights before they disappeared - what happened to those bookings?
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar

DougTemplar's Reviews
Originally Posted by antheve View Post
Has the little orange plane disappeared on the specific day you wanted?
If so just still select that day and it should still show the flight. I noticed this last year when I was booking for this year.
Sadly the loss of the orange plane means we can't click on the day even if we wanted to. I presume they've changed something somewhere.
Old 30 Mar 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Manyin
Apprentice Imagineer

We were originally booked to fly from Glasgow on Thursday 11th July. This flight has now been pulled by TC and we have been rescheduled to the Sunday flight, it's not ideal but not too much hassle for us .
Manyin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar

DougTemplar's Reviews
Originally Posted by Manyin View Post
We were originally booked to fly from Glasgow on Thursday 11th July. This flight has now been pulled by TC and we have been rescheduled to the Sunday flight, it's not ideal but not too much hassle for us .
Ah based on that then there won't be a Friday flight after all.

That limits our choices rather a lot to virgin who will no doubt charge an arm and a leg.
Old 30 Mar 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
R3D4
Getting Excited

This is disappointing. I have a fixed holiday period which covers the Glasgow Fair, so we were looking for flights on the Thursday or Friday as any later than that and I would be arriving back too late.

I was hoping to get direct flights and a car for under £3k, failing that I was willing to go indirect but it looks as thought this will mean that indirect is our only option.

I have seen TC flights from Manchester for £2,300 (2A & 2C), and we can get a car for around £500 from Alamo. I want to avoid the drive if at all possible. I reckon I could get a flydrive with BA for about £2,700 from Glasgow via Dublin so I think i'll hold out for this.
R3D4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar

DougTemplar's Reviews
My concern with any flights via somewhere else is the extra travel time needed and the possible missing a connection. My brother was due to fly Edinburgh to Tampa this month and had his Edinburgh to Gatwick flight cancelled 3 hours before take off - and he ended up in Orlando 28hrs later than planned, caused no end of problems with the car hire and hotels. We had another trip via Amsterdam from Edinburgh go off the rails because of fog at Schipol got diverted to Brussels and missed our connection again.

Since we are also now travelling with 7 year olds. I'm in no mood to have to deal with that sort of kerfuffle and would much rather fly direct from Glasgow or Edinburgh. The day Tui allows us to take more than 2 weeks holiday the better as we would have flown with Tui to Sanford happily. But they are locked into their 2 week window for flights from Edinburgh.

It surprises me that there aren't more direct flights to Orlando from Edinburgh in the Summer there is certainly demand.
Old 30 Mar 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DougTemplar View Post
My concern with any flights via somewhere else is the extra travel time needed and the possible missing a connection. My brother was due to fly Edinburgh to Tampa this month and had his Edinburgh to Gatwick flight cancelled 3 hours before take off - and he ended up in Orlando 28hrs later than planned, caused no end of problems with the car hire and hotels. We had another trip via Amsterdam from Edinburgh go off the rails because of fog at Schipol got diverted to Brussels and missed our connection again.

Since we are also now travelling with 7 year olds. I'm in no mood to have to deal with that sort of kerfuffle and would much rather fly direct from Glasgow or Edinburgh. The day Tui allows us to take more than 2 weeks holiday the better as we would have flown with Tui to Sanford happily. But they are locked into their 2 week window for flights from Edinburgh.

It surprises me that there aren't more direct flights to Orlando from Edinburgh in the Summer there is certainly demand.
The only direct flights from Scotland in the summer to Orlando or Sanford are from Glasgow or Edinburgh, operators Thomas Cook (when we flew though back in 2015 their flights stopped operating for a few weeks mid July onwards), Thomson Tui I think they are now called and Virgin Atlantic or Virgin Holidays. Watch the Virgin ones because some are direct (I think these may be the Glasgow ones, I'm sure someone will be along to confirm this), and some are indirect - code share with Delta. These ones are indirect.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List