Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Jan 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
QSDP - Special Non Alcoholic Drinks venues

Hello all,

When we were over in May 2016 we found it was easy to swap out our drinks on the QSDP for a side or a snack credit. As we aren't big fans of fizzy drinks we got much better value doing that and just getting water (and adding our diluting juice).

However I see now that the 2019 plan includes Alcoholic Drinks which I'm sure is a boon for many, but I don't drink and my wife barely touches the stuff either. So this "additional value" isn't actually helping us at all. But I also see the 2019 plan includes smoothies and milkshakes etc And those DO appeal. But I'm struggling to find venues we can get them and make it worth our while.

Is there a list of venues for QSDP which has the likes of Milkshakes, Smoothies available for our drink choice? I've not yet managed to find one either that or I'm using the wrong magic key words in google.

While I'm here how difficult was it for folks last year to swap out drinks at time of ordering to get a snack credit / side. I'm sure I read it was more difficult than before - That question might need it's own thread I realise.

Thanks in advance!
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Hmm, have to say that I've only noticed non-alcoholic specialty drinks at TS or at kiosks/lounges. For example, Night Blossom in Pandora isn't available as part of a meal as it's from the separate stand rather than at the QS. I will definitely keep an eye out though as I'm in the same situation, I only drink when I feel like it - have maybe one drink a year at most and have gone years at a time with none.

For swapping drinks for sides, it's still fine at the resorts - it's parks where you can no longer do this. Although I'm sure I read one of the values doesn't always let you do this, either Pop or AoA? Can't speak from personal experience on that though.

Edited at 06:40 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar

DougTemplar's Reviews
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
For swapping drinks for sides, it's still fine at the resorts - it's parks where you can no longer do this. Although I'm sure I read one of the values doesn't always let you do this, either Pop or AoA? Can't speak from personal experience on that though.
Yeah we feared as much on the drinks in the parks front. I don't want to keep taking bottled water to get the "Value" as we need to carry it around. Might try and offer folks in the queue behind us to get a drink from us. In 2016 we had so many meal credits on our second to last day we paid for a whole family's meal who were behind us in the queue, so I guess we might consider that for the drinks as well.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

The only one I have found is D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs. They offer non-alcoholic artisanal milkshakes.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar

DougTemplar's Reviews
Mobile

Well one is better than none! Thanks for that it's certainly getting added to the list.
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar

DougTemplar's Reviews
Mobile

Evening folks, sorry to bring this thread up from the depths again.
Wondering if anyone has found other Milkshakes/Smoothies options for QSDP this year?
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Hi, I have been recently and there are wuite a few places that do slushies , milkshake and speciality non alcoholic drinks
Here is a food report I did which includes them (for some Iused snack credits but if they are at a place where you can buy a meal you can get them included as your drink. SO for example the blue slushies at the place near the carousel in MK (still can't think of it's name).
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1120927

I have to admit me and DH have about 1 alcoholic drink a year but we enjoyed some of the adult drinks on offer.
I would check menus as well. Id you don't want fountain drinks you can choose orange juice either.
Hope this helps you a bit

bottled smoothie from CBR QS

Pandoran sunrise from Sati'li

Night blossom at the pungu pongu stand AK (this came with breakfast option so not great QS value (The rum one was gorgeous for anyone interested.

Le fous brew MK at Gaston's tavern although this had cream on this time

Blue slush (the QS place near the carousel MK)
Odwalla lemonade with wildberry foam (mine got knocked over so this is a stock image) Sleepy hollow MK

Virgin tropical colada CBR food court

Milkshakes from both waterparks as you can see they came different every time.
the green drink is from Woody's lunch box.

These are just some from some of the places we tried. Like I said we opted a lot for the alcoholic options in the end.
Sorry didn't have time to post all the pics last night

Edited at 10:19 AM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
useful thread! I’m definitely all about the cocktails, but DD (now 15) is really excited to find more places with good drinks. Last year we were DDP so she had some lovely mocktails with TS meals. This year we are QSDP so we’ll be watching this thread with interest!
The food court at Port Orleans Riverside did lovely ice cream milkshakes as a drink option last time (previously a snack credit).

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar

DougTemplar's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
The food court at Port Orleans Riverside did lovely ice cream milkshakes as a drink option last time (previously a snack credit).
We are POFQ so that's good to know!

I do love me my ice cream.

Someone suggested in the parks we just get our beer and offer it to others if there aren't any soft drinks we want. I did explain we would likely be arrested / booted from Disney for something like that as it likely would break some law.
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

As far as giving an alcoholic beverage away, you would need to have a way of being sure the person was over 21. I also would never accept an open beverage from a stranger and I would guess most people wouldn't.

I am curious why you feel you must get a specialty beverage unless you really want one for yourself. I do not do a dining plan because my appetite is small and I don't eat as much food as there is on a plan. If you are paying and worried that you need to maximize the value, perhaps a plan isn't for you either. If you are getting it free, I would not waste the energy worrying about getting the most-get what you want and like and enjoy. That's more the idea than to see how much you can get from Disney.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List