Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 23 Dec 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

I prep all the veg the night before, we have soup for a starter which is also made xmas eve, stuffing and pigs in blankets just need to go in the oven so not much work required there and my mum and DH take care of the turkey. I always said that there was no way i'd spend my whole Christmas day in the kitchen, I don't enjoy cooking at the best of times and I want to spend the day with the kids so prepping as much as possible on xmas eve instead really helps with that
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I've been busy but not to the point I feel I've been none stop in the kitchen. I make veg packs ( peel and place in bags with date of use) par boiled potatoes, blanched carrots to be warmed in the oven with honey. A few weeks ago I made Parmesan parsnips and par cooked Brussels and always use foil trays. My turkey will have brined for 24 hours and cooked tomorrow.
Old 24 Dec 18, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Foil trays and pre prepared veg. I peel the sprouts and potatoes on Christmas Eve and cook the beef. I do enough potatoes to do chips and mash on Boxing Day with cold meat and pickles, just keep them in a very large old stew pan and change the water regularly. I buy microwaveable red cabbage and also turnip mash and the ready made broccoli cheese. I don’t stress over the food, it’s just a big roast. I love the fact that after it’s cooked on Christmas Day , there isn’t much cooking to be done for a few days. I buy a couple of stew packs and ready made dumplings and a curry sauce and naans,etc so I have that covered for the next few days with leftover meat, easy peasy x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

My best tip is to parboil and freeze the roasties and cook from frozen in goose fat. I only did mine yesterday but it is such a time saver. Also peeled carrots for roasting, and sprouts.

Will prep the turkey today ready for oven, and boil the gammon, which I will glaze and roast tomorrow.

Ready made cheats are gravy, piggies, stuffing balls, parsnips, cranberry sauce.

Pudding was made ages ago and will reheat in the slow cooker. Serve with bought fresh custard, brandy butter and cream.

DD will make the trifle today - I made the sponge yesterday.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I seasoned my meats and Turkey yesterday, so they’ll just be bunged in the oven in the morning. First time doing a rib of beef, so hoping it turns ok Modt other things, I’ll prepare tonight when back from work. Cauliflower cheese and dauphinois potatoes I got ready made.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Don't panic, it's a roast. If you forget anything no one will notice, let alone care.
Enjoy the day and Merry Christmas
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
I seasoned my meats and Turkey yesterday, so they’ll just be bunged in the oven in the morning. First time doing a rib of beef, so hoping it turns ok Modt other things, I’ll prepare tonight when back from work. Cauliflower cheese and dauphinois potatoes I got ready made.
If you get time make sure you seal the rib of beef first HT, makes all the difference
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Well I've started cooking the carrot and turnip and the sprouts - going to put in fridge and reheat tomorrow. I've decided to cook all 3 meats on the day, we are having beef, turkey and pork. The turkey and beef take the same cooking time so going to put in the oven together (fan oven). I'm also going to make some Yorkshire puddings, freeze and reheat tomorrow
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm par boiling the potatoes for roast as well as the parsnips for roast ones. I have a steamer for other veg and am branching them ready. How do I store it all? Drained in the fridge?
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have done nothing!
I boiled a ham yesterday, dd made cookies and mince pies, going to visit my sister with presents today and tackle it all tomorrow!