VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by not2old4disney View Post
Jealous! I'm usually done by now too but this year my mum is insisting on coming for the fresh stuff and Sunday is the only day that works for her i'm dreading it to be honest!
I was quite lucky as we had family visiting last weekend so did my big family buffet then, so we didn't need as much in for actual xmas - fridge is still somehow full to bursting though
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Did mine this morning, got everything with good dates. Dropped the kids off at school and then went straight to Morrisons, home for just after 10. It was fine when I went in but queuing to get in the carpark by the time I left!
Old 21 Dec 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzmic
VIP Dibber

will do mine tomorrow, will be down the town for 7 hopefully back home by 8.30

janie
po french qr 2008
pop centry 2010
po french qr 2012
double tree/yatch club 2015
next pofq oct 2016
booked pofq 2017
jazzmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Supermarkets (and other big stores) can only open for certain amount of hours on a Sunday( think it's 6 hours) by law even the 24hr ones.
I suspect they will let people in early to get their food but wont allow them to pay for it until probably an hour after opening ( believe it's called browsing time)... but they will then have to close early.

My local Asda opens the tills at 11 on Sunday but folks allowed in at 10

Just checked Aldi and Lidl and they are saying 10.00 am opening on Sunday with 30 minutes browsing
As Megandllsmum says it depends where you live in the UK. Scotland has its own law system - English law does not apply. Our shops will be open.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

We did a delivery. On the day we arrived in Orlando we had to log into Tesco at bang on 7pm.

We’ve got that coming on Sunday morning so if we fail to get anything important we can either get my parents to grab anything we need or we can go to one of the shops around here.

We always get backups early - Frozen Yorkshire puds, roast potatoes, veg and turkey just in case the fresh stuff isn’t available anywhere.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
As Megandllsmum says it depends where you live in the UK. Scotland has its own law system - English law does not apply. Our shops will be open.
Yep, I’ve been in Tesco buying food at 4am on a Sunday morning... on the way home from the clubs... I’ll also be at the door of M&s at 7 on Sunday. I remember having to work that Sunday last year in M&s (Christmas eve) from 7am-6pm.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

We’ve got pigs in blankets/gammon/dessert/custard in the fridge/freezer already. Collecting the turkey from M&S tomorrow morning and DH will collect the veg Monday morning from the grocer round the corner.
All the main supermarkets round here have been crazy busy since last weekend so I’m glad we’re basically done.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Going to Sainsburys tomorrow, if we forget anything it was be a small trip out on Monday. I forgot Brussels last year and nobody even noticed x
Old 22 Dec 18, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Supermarkets (and other big stores) can only open for certain amount of hours on a Sunday( think it's 6 hours) by law even the 24hr ones.
I suspect they will let people in early to get their food but wont allow them to pay for it until probably an hour after opening ( believe it's called browsing time)... but they will then have to close early.

My local Asda opens the tills at 11 on Sunday but folks allowed in at 10

Just checked Aldi and Lidl and they are saying 10.00 am opening on Sunday with 30 minutes browsing
Maybe where you are but as others have pointed out in Scotland the laws are different and since that's where I am I will be getting the shopping sorted by 7am on Sunday morning - when I double checked the opening hours aldi and lidl are the latest opening at 8am, Morrisons is 6am, Sainsburys 7am and Tesco and Asda as I said previously are 24hr!
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have had a delivery of all the non perishables, the meat etc to be picked up at the Farm shop tomorrow and up now to try and beat the M and S scrum ! Hope to be there for 7am opening wish me luck as it was so bad yesterday I just came home 🤣

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List