Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 23 Dec 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I finished with M & S last year. We had our Oakham Turkey Crown but it was tasteless and nothing compared to others we'd had from there over the years.

I don't know where they had it from but it wasn't their normal suppliers.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
I finished with M & S last year. We had our Oakham Turkey Crown but it was tasteless and nothing compared to others we'd had from there over the years.

I don't know where they had it from but it wasn't their normal suppliers.
Funny you should say that as a few things I have bought recently look and taste different and are just not as nice. I think their Double Gloucester cheese has changed recently for instance. I am guessing they are going for cheaper options to make more profit.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft83
Trainee Dibber

We've stopped buying turkey from m&s because the year before last's was dry and tasteless. We still buy dessert and cakes but this year I was particularly disappointed to see that all the food to order items were in stock in our local store a few days ago despite not all being available when I ordered online! So we needn't have bothered queuing to pick up our order today! I think next year i will stick to aldi, their turkey and ham are lovely and a fraction of the price.

Hope you all enjoy Christmas dinner when it comes!
disneydaft83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I ordered from Waitrose. Due to be delivered this evening - just had a call to say one of my crates has been delivered to someone else!
Some of the missing items are now not in stock so they will replace them with the next best! I’m not pleased, but no point in ranting at the guy on the phone (who seemed pretty frazzled!)
Only downside is that my delivery won’t now arrive until 11pm.
However, I’m pretty chilled about it - I have a warm house, lovely family and enough food (although who knows what!).
We’ll make a meal from what we get!
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

I ordered the Turkey Hamper from Heartier for the past two years, delivered to my door bronze free range turkey too. No problems at all.

I picked up my party food from Morrison's today all has a use by date of today 23/12/2018 which is no use to me. should have had a use by date of 25/12/2018 according to the website, emailed their customer services got a prompt reply saying it was my fault still waiting for a response about replacement food for tomorrow. I won't hold my breath so no more ordering from Morrision's for me.
Old 23 Dec 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

I used Ocado this year. The turkey looks good.My only sub was ginger cake instead of Madeira cake - for my trifle. Never mind, it took 20 minutes to knock up a fatless sponge this morning instead.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
I picked up my party food from Morrison's today all has a use by date of today 23/12/2018 which is no use to me. should have had a use by date of 25/12/2018 according to the website, emailed their customer services got a prompt reply saying it was my fault still waiting for a response about replacement food for tomorrow. I won't hold my breath so no more ordering from Morrision's for me.
What part of it was supposedly your fault? That’s when I’d be fuming - when there is no apology and some how you,the customer, are to blame for their failures!

After reading all of these stories I don’t feel so bad about my online deliveries from Tesco and Iceland - this year and last, I’ve received phone calls an hour before delivery saying my Tesco credit card has been declined and could I pay with another card. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the card - In fact I shop at Tesco online all of the time with no problem except at Christmas , and indeed my bank say their records don’t even show that an attempt has even been made to collect funds, let alone declining the transactions, but still I’ve had to pay with a debit card, thankfully I always have the funds in their ready to clear my credit card anyway, but I imagine others wouldn’t - and at least all of my orders have arrived as requested with no bizarre substitutions!

As for my Iceland order yesterday - that arrived with one bag missing, but one call to their customer service department and they sent another driver out within the hour with the missing items. Great customer service from them I thought!

Edited at 09:49 PM.
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Well, kudos to Waitrose. Order just arrived all accurate, plus they gave me the ‘substitutions’ that I agreed to in the phone as well for free.
Any one got any use for four organic chickens, eight tubs of raspberries and three packs of roast potatoes (there are two of us for Christmas dinner)?
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

I’ve said many times M&S not anything special anymore. Average at best.
Ocado spot on here as always. One minor substitution (supplier fault) but I got my money back and the substitution was free
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
My order arrived exactly on time from Waitrose, everything as ordered apart from one substitution of Strawberry and Cream Ice Cream instead of Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.

Gave up on M&S a few years ago as wasn't worth the cost or the long disorganized queue to collect.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List