Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Jan 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Disney Property Hotel / Parks Parking - changing car?

When we were over in 2016, our car had a problem and we had to swap it over with Alamo during our week on Disney Property (We also had a fender bender crash in a car park a week later so had to change the car AGAIN that trip).

At the time we had been given a paper car park pass for both the hotel and the parks which we just swapped over on the dashboard and got waved into the parks. So I'm checking if that is still the case now - I think we had to use our magic bands for the hotel car park mind you.

We've got friends who are staying on Disney property later in the year and for the second week family are joining them so they plan to swap car hire for the for a bigger car (first week he is getting a convertible I believe). Is it still the case they only need to swap over a piece of paper on the dashboard and use magic bands for the hotel car park or has the system changed and they need to register the second car? Don't want to give them the wrong guidance.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The paper dashboard pass has long gone. However every now and again somebody will report that they have been given one - we haven't for nearly 3 years.

No pass needed, everything is on the Band as it's the Band owner they are allowing in not the car if you see what I mean.

No need to tell anybody the car is swapped out plus they dont take details of the tag on first entry either.

The Band is handed over at the Park toll plaza booth and they scan it with their handheld device. That gives you car park entry.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 12:10 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That's even easier than I expected! Brilliant!

I guess we must have been the last of the paper parking pass folks it was May'16 when we were there.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by DougTemplar View Post
That's even easier than I expected! Brilliant!

I guess we must have been the last of the paper parking pass folks it was May'16 when we were there.
I suspect you are right.

The paper pass was printed automatically as the 'bottom rip off half' of the piece of paper you used to have to sign for incidental expenses. I have seen reports that the machines still print them out hence why every now and again somebody gets one.

Bands rule.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List