Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

My places to visit in Tokyo. hmmmm LOL

Well over the last few weeks have been finding, and adding places to go and see in Tokyo. We have first 2 days at Disney, then move into the city, but my list looks like:

Giant Ghibli Clock
Shibuya 109
Mega Don Quijote
Genki Sushi
MUJI Shibuya
JS Burgers Shibuya
Kit Kat Chocolatory and cafe
Shiro-Higre's Cream Puff Factory
Sony Building
Artnia Square Enix Cafe
Tokyo Tower
teamLab Borderless
Happy Pancake
Ginza Six
Diver City

Hmm, lot of shopping and eating lol
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
monkeehanger
slightly serious Dibber

monkeehanger's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Don't forget to go to Harajuku, some really eclectic people and places around there.

Also the Meiji Shrine nearby.

Akihabara is a great area too for electrical goods and just the general Japanese'ness of it all.

I used to live in Yokohama and the Landmark Tower and Minato Mirai area is worth a look if you have time.

There's also the Cup Noodle Museum near there and the Yokohama port area is very nice.

The J-League Football is worth a visit as it's a great experience - very family friendly.

Don't foget your Pasmo for all this travel in Tokyo too.

If the Sumo is on, definitely make time for it! There ae some good guides that can expalin what's going on for you and also commentary in English on the headphones.

You can fit in so much as it's easy to travel around and get from place to place - Shibuya is the best for sure!

Edited at 12:23 PM.
monkeehanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building is a cheaper option for city viewing. That is on our list. The fire museum is also on the list as an "out there choice". Ghibli museum will be booked if we can (as soon as the tickets are released for us in April). We also want to do the robot restaurant (for our sins).
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Me and DS are huge anime/manga fans so our trip looking like this:

Studio Ghibli Museum (if we can get tickets)
Ikebukuro - Sunshine City, Animate, Pokemon Center
Akihabara - Gachapon Hall (has 500 machines)
Asakusa - Sensoji Temple
Shinjuku - Tokyo Metropolitan Government Centre
Harajuku- Meiji Jingu Shrine, Daiso Store (largest in Japan)
Ueno Park
Imperial Palace Gardens
Tokyo Tower - One Piece Floor (an anime if you don’t already know lol)
Nakano Broadway
Mt.Takao
Tokyo Disney and Disneysea (2 days maybe 3)

Collect Eki stamps from stations (if they still do them) - also stamps available at most landmarks, museums etc
Collect Temple stamps (Goshuin)

I’m sure I’ll still be adding stuff and changing things for a while yet 😄
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I am collecting Eki stamps etc. also! I have bought a notebook from Paperchase with nice thick paper for this.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

500 gachapon machines :o I’m so jealous. When I finally make it to Japan I’m going to come home with so much tiny, cute tat
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
500 gachapon machines :o I’m so jealous. When I finally make it to Japan I’m going to come home with so much tiny, cute tat
Our adult son and his fiancée actually left clothes in Japan as they had bought so much ‘stuff’ and also their tat from the gachapon machines 😀 They had a brilliant time though.

They did most of the attractions mentioned on their three week trip. They stayed at an Airbnb in Tokyo but also caught the train to Kyoto for a few days. They stopped at a place called Nagoya on the way back to Tokyo and had a lovely day there too and visited a castle there. They also visited the zoo in Tokyo which they enjoyed.

They visited Studio Ghilbli museum, although it was very difficult to get the tickets for this as they are only sold at certain times. Pokemon Cafe was fun, as they met Pikachu 😀 . My son also loves Gundam? And visited the Gundam centre and Gundam Cafe which was the highlight of his trip 😂 Bizarrely, the Cup Noodle Museum was also very enjoyable

Edited at 10:13 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scarling10
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Im here now and doing my Disney days the next 4 days (currently 6am on first Disney day) but the last week ive covered most things on your list above and can agree with most of them. 109 isnt that great however. Lol

Did Ghibli museum yesterday and was awesome.
scarling10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
monkeehanger
slightly serious Dibber

monkeehanger's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I forgot to mention that Hakone is a great day trip from Tokyo - there's a train trip that covers the journey there, access to the volcanic area and also the 'pirate' ship back (google it and you'll find it easy). The museum of modern art there is really good too.
monkeehanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the reply – we are going to Harajuku / Akihabara too, just not put a specific thing into Google Maps for it yey. Meiji Shrine is a possible too as we will be so close, but we both want to see the mega city that is Tokyo mostly.

We have Suica cards on our iPhone already lol
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List