Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I waited from 9.30 - 12.35 to get a disney price and the extra $100 was showing.

Rang straight through to OA and got through and they beat Disney over the $100 amount so booked with them

They have also been in the Q all day
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Well I managed to get on the website. Limited availability for our dates - less than before the offer. We’ve ended up booking a king standard at CSR although we’d really prefer two queens. It was the cheapest option so if we can’t change to two queens it’ll have to do.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by allymc316 View Post
All you have to do is disable JavaScript in your browser and it will bypass the queuing system.
I've seen that before with Queue-it, but disabling javascript seems to stop the WDW site from opening at all. Is there a trick I'm missing?

ETA: That's odd - depends which address you use - disneyholidays/walt-disney-world/ seems to work fine with Javascript disabled but disneyworld.disney.go/en_GB/ just produces a blank page.

Edited at 07:02 PM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
What is the benefit to booking today, over booking before the free dining/gift card offer ends in summer? Is it only room choice, and if so does that make such a difference to the price?

We will be booking a moderate (POR most likely), and haven't noticed much of a difference in the price between the rooms.

I am getting nervous now, with all this excitement, that we're going to miss out on something! We have booked free dining twice now, and both times booked June/July.
It's the fear of not knowing whether all the rooms/availability at your hotel will be gone. Disney have been restricting free dining more and more over the years so we don't know how many rooms they will allocate to this year's offer. Currently some of the hotels don't have standard rooms available so you might have to pick the next room category up which could be £100 more or it could be hundreds or even thousands of pounds more.

So it becomes a bit of a gamble and a test of your nerve - I think Disney probably will release more rooms over the coming weeks and this mad scramble today will prove unnecessary yet, having just posted in the last half hour saying I'm not going to do this, I've gone and succumbed to the pressure of it all and booked today anyway, getting a slightly higher cost room category as I didn't want to chance not booking and later regretting it. Loads of people won't be booking today and they'll still end up with the hotel and room category they wanted at a price they're happy with when they do get around to booking, I'm sure of that. I'm angry with myself for falling for the hype at the same time as just being relieved that it's done now - I know we've got the hotel sorted. Just need to get flights now
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
James_and_Shona
Earning More Ears

I just disabled java and used the link above and it worked fine for me. All the prices were the same last last night for the dates I was looking so no panic! We're not booking this year but just wanted to be nosy at prices!
Orlando Celebration - April 2008
Kissimmee Travelodge - April 2004
James_and_Shona is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by allymc316 View Post
All you have to do is disable JavaScript in your browser and it will bypass the queuing system.

or if you want what is your dates and I will have quick check and see if there are any left if that helps
Oh thank you, just seen this! Glad to say we got what we wanted, 2 weeks savannah view in July. DD & her BF are booked for 2 weeks at POR - expensive but exciting evening!
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I kept entering the queue and then getting busy with things and couldn’t be there within ten mins of my slot. Got sorted in the end but I’m still waiting on a confirmation email for one of the rooms and cash back isn’t showing as tracked.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List