Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 May 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great start
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start! I love how the “Star Wars cupcakes” are just cakes with pictures of Star Wars characters stuck on the top .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start will be following.
Old 22 May 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Great start! I love how the “Star Wars cupcakes” are just cakes with pictures of Star Wars characters stuck on the top .
I know right, I think someone went down Asda and bought some SW cake decorations and was like yep job done lol 😂
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Love a food report! Can’t wait to follow along 😍

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
So on our pre travel day we drove down to Gatwick around 5pm and stopped off at Cobham services for a cheeky Nandos, which I won't bore you with a picture of as you all know what Nandos looks like!
I don't, not made it to a Nandos yet.

The V-room offering doesn't look like much, but I would pay be willing to pay for it to get the holiday off to a more relaxing start.

Look forward to reading the rest.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
looking forward to this x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Thank you for being patient! I have about 8 million photos to sort through lol. I'm going to switch to uploading them from my Flickr account as I think they will look better than the upload feature on here.

Travel Day- V-Room continued

We both got some hot breakfast from the counter. I asked for sausage, beans, bacon and hash brown as I don't eat egg. This was tasty!

DH got an eggs benedict and a sausage sandwich. So although they have meals written on the board, you can just choose whatever you want.

We also had juice and coffee etc. After an hour or so I had some pancakes from the pancake making machine, which because I am a child I covered in sauce and sprinkles. These were really yummy and light! I've seen the pancake machines before but this made larger ones than usual

I also had some fruit

DH had a millionaires shortbread and milk. I had a bite and it was good!

Before coming in the lounge we'd stopped to buy sandwiches and a cookie from Pret for the plane, wish we hadn't wasted money with the cookie as we could have just taken some from the V-Room. Oh well.

Overall we loved the V-Room- it was 100% worth £22 each considering how much a hot breakfast costs in the airport. We sat in the adults only section and had a great time chilling out on the day beds in there watching the runway and flicking through Virgin Holidays brochures fantasy shopping.

Even the family section wasn't too loud or busy. When I was waiting for pancakes an adorable little girl spent 10 minutes telling me how she was going to Disneyworld to see Mickey *heart melts*

They also have a fun gaming section with xbox consoles, beanbags, a racing simulator and a photo booth

The only negative I can say about the V-Room was that the email feature of the photobooth was broken so we didn't get the photos we took on there But overall I think all other airport lounges are now spoilt for us lol. We usually book a lounge like No.1 but its not in the same league.

They have departure boards showing flights in the lounge but they also do announcements letting you know when a Virgin flight is boarding. They did one for ours saying the gate number but that it wasn't yet ready for boarding, and we can continue to chill out in the lounge for a while. We decided to head straight over and it was a long walk, the opposite side of the terminal! They started boarding not long after we got there so the people who stayed longer must have had to really rush over.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don't, not made it to a Nandos yet.

The V-room offering doesn't look like much, but I would pay be willing to pay for it to get the holiday off to a more relaxing start.

Look forward to reading the rest.

I've posted some more pictures now that might convince you! We absolutley loved it. We often book No.1 Lounge but this was way better. If you're planning on having a meal in the airport I think it's worth it as it won't cost much more to go in a lounge and you get the nice space to relax in too.

Well in that case, here's a picture of the Nandos! Please ignore my hubby looking daft lol. We normally get a boneless platter to share, mango and lime spiced with peri peri chips and garlic bread. Often this is too much food and we take some home, but this time we were both starving so we demolished it. Thankfully it came within 10 minutes of ordering or I might have eaten the table instead lol.

Edited at 11:00 AM.
Old 22 May 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I've posted some more pictures now that might convince you! We absolutley loved it. We often book No.1 Lounge but this was way better. If you're planning on having a meal in the airport I think it's worth it as it won't cost much more to go in a lounge and you get the nice space to relax in too.

Well in that case, here's a picture of the Nandos! Please ignore my hubby looking daft lol. We normally get a boneless platter to share, mango and lime spiced with peri peri chips and garlic bread. Often this is too much food and we take some home, but this time we were both starving so we demolished it. Thankfully it came within 10 minutes of ordering or I might have eaten the table instead lol.

I would like to retract my previous comment.

With the revised pictures, yes I am fully convinced, it looks excellent.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List