Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Oct 06, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Well get this...
I was standing in guest relations ast week and this guy in front of me looked realy familiar, there was nobody else there and I kept looking at him perplexed, he smirked at me a few times.I didn't click until he'd gone... it was only WILL SMITH! yes MIB Will Smith complete with body guards! I went out and told the kids and nearly had a fit saying where's he gone! Gutted I didn't get a pic though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 06, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
josie112
Imagineer

What a great thread! It's nice to see that a lot of 'celebs' are quite down to earth and approachable.

I spoke to Paul Daniel's at Downtown Disney at Easter 2005, saw Bradley Walsh (Danny Baldwin from 'Corrie') at AK in 2003. I am also convinced I saw Eddie Murphy in MK the same year.

DH and DS were on a ride and missed him. To this day they think I was mistaken but I am sure it was him!
josie112 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 06, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

I've sat next to Maureen Lipman in the BA business lounge in Jersey and then on the flight back to London.

I've stood next to Andrew Lloyd Webber at Kings Cross train station.

I was stood next to Sherrie Murphy (Emmerdale, I'm a celebrity, footballers wife) the other week at Manchester Airport as she waited for her husband Harry Kewell.

I was on the same flight as Victoria Beckham once on the way back from Madrid - she was really rude.

I think the only famous person I've seen in Orlando is some woman from Casualty/Holby City (can't remember her name but she's always in OK magazine) Just remembered it was Tina Hobley!

I also met Stefan Booth (hollyoaks, the Bill, Dancing on Ice) and his new wife on honeymoon in Tanzania this year. We were staying at a very small exclusive resort and they were there at the same time as us - for a couple of nights we were the only 2 couples there so we got to know them quite well. They were a really sweet couple and very down to earth - it was funy as when I got home I saw that there wedding had been in OK magazine!

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 06, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We had dinner with Bill Murray( ghostbusters etc) in Newport Rhode Island this summer... well I say dinner .. he was in the same resturant being fawned over by the staff and we were sat at another table having to wait because the chef was talking to him !

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 06, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post

i never see anyone
only my self in the mirror..
Old 28 Nov 06, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

We had a WWF wrestler on our flight home...don't know who he was but he was massive...at least 7ft tall and built like a brick outhouse !

the melster
Old 28 Nov 06, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post

On our flight from Atlanta to Orlando Easter 2004 the 'nutter on the plane' came through from the front section and started telling jokes and talking to people. He was a very big black man who towered over the petit air hostess who was very politely trying to get him back to his seat for landing. We got off at Orlando and I walked beside him.. (taking a wide birth because after all he was the 'nutter on the plane' and had a lot of security staff with him... it wasn't until he passed that my brother and father in law asked what it was like to walk 2 foot away from the worlds greatest boxer Mohamed Ali!

When I grew up John Lesurimay (can't spell his name) lived across the road. (Dads Army). He was a total drunk but a realy nice guy and some of my 'friends' decided to play knock down ginger one day... Only thing is his wife answered the door and they said they were after his autograph. She said he was out but invited them in for some tea while they waited for him to come back which they did, but eventually had to leave as John must of been on a bender.

And last month I met my all time idol... My wife booked us into the Ritz for afternoon tea to celebrate my 40th. As I walked in who should come the other way but none other than Lady Thatcher. Had it of been anywhere other than the Ritz I would have asked for her photo , instead I settled with stepping to one side to allow her to pass while adding the occasion to the memory banks.

I remember many years ago going to the BBC with my mum to watch a TV show being recorded. We got in the lift and Des Linem got in along with a couple of other football celebs (it was a world cup year). When they got out and the lift door closed my mum said wasn't it great to share a lift with those important comedians, ( burried my head to die... probably the same as my brother in law when I asked what he was on about when I enquired why he was so excited that I had walked next to the Nutter on the plane!)
Old 29 Nov 06, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Went to Planet Hollywood at Downtown Disney a few years ago and passed Stone Cold Steve Austin & his wife on the stairs!
Old 29 Nov 06, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Went to Planet Hollywood at Downtown Disney a few years ago and passed Stone Cold Steve Austin & his wife on the stairs! (He wasnt as big as I thought he would be!) My sons were staring at him and he smiled and nodded at them.
Closed Thread