Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 10, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post

I think you'll always see something, it was 90+ on Wednesday and we saw a few Gators and snakes, Harold is good at spotting! The boat is definitely not flimsy and i would say is very safe. There is no chance of anyone falling off. Hope that gives piece of mind. Just a note on the location. Don't panic when you turn up and there is no office. They meet you at a roadside layby and walk you to a boat. On arrival i rang them because there was no office! but Debi turned up a few minutes later
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 10, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
We've booked too, really looking forward to this. There is a review somewhere on here for those who haven't already seen it.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 10, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by islabonita View Post
I have never done this with our family really but want to.
I am a bit frightened of being at some ones mercy.
I can brave coasters but not sure of the swampy water?
Trust me, the airboat rides are much easier than the coasters. Less queues too. The most exhilarating feeling and the pilot/skipper knows exactly what he's doing.

Everyone should do this as it is a true Floridian experience imho.

Steve
Old 24 Jul 10, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by WDWFOREVER View Post
We are there at 8.30am on 13th August! We are so looking forward to this. A trip to Boggy Creek last holiday was the highlight of my trip. So many people recommended Spirit of the Swamp though that we thought we would give it a try.

Jackie
Yep, Boggy Creek was excellent yet seems to be second to this new kid on the block lol. We enjoyed the trip to Boggy Creek - just keept driving until you arrived what seemed like the end of civilisation.

Tremendous wildlife specifically birds.

Spirit of the swamp seems to be the more popular these days - might have to check it out.
Old 24 Jul 10, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I went with Spirit of the Swamp over Boggy Creek because it was more personal. I'm sure Boggy Creek is very nice, but the idea of an 18-man airboat put me off to be honest.
Old 26 Jul 10, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Reading this post has spurred me into action and I have just booked our airboat tour for 10am on Friday 17th September! Debi seemed really lovely on the phone this afternoon and now I am so excited!
Old 28 Jul 10, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

me too, reading this thread, i definitely want to do this! was wanting to do a boat tour thing anyway, and this sounds ace.

can you book online, or does it have to be via phone? i cant see anything obvious on the website (but then it is early, and i havent woken up yet!)
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 10, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
me too, reading this thread, i definitely want to do this! was wanting to do a boat tour thing anyway, and this sounds ace.

can you book online, or does it have to be via phone? i cant see anything obvious on the website (but then it is early, and i havent woken up yet!)
You can't book online but you can email them and they will call you back to arrange. I did this last month and received a really nice email telling me to email back a few weeks before we arrive and they will call me back and sort everything out. One thing to note is that I don't believe there are any facilities on site i.e. no toilets etc, it's a very low key affair, dreading this aspect as my 4 year old needs the loo constantly, can see him wanting it 5 mins into the boat trip!
Old 29 Jul 10, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post

There are public toilets in the layby where Debi meets you to walk you to the boat
Old 29 Jul 10, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chloe :] View Post
There are public toilets in the layby where Debi meets you to walk you to the boat
Brilliant, that solves that particular issue
Closed Thread