Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 10, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kazzer View Post
Another 'to do' for us on this years trip, these guys sound great. Can anyone advise on the cost. We will be a party of 4 adults, 1 teen and 1 child, thanks
here you go:

spiritoftheswamp/rates.html
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 10, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Anyone any good at conversion maths ?

I reckon 5 adults + 1 child is around £150 ish UK ?

(although 11 year old son is small, might get away with child price)
Old 2 Aug 10, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazzer
Excited about Disney

thanks for the link 'Geoffa'
Old 3 Aug 10, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Quick review of our spirit of the swamp trip today , found the departure area really easy , neptune road is long but you cant miss it really , we arrive @10 for our 10:30 trip , Debbi arrives , informing us first tour group arrived 10 mins late so they are running late ,
Captain harold arrives @ 10:40 , we go through the safety brief and were away! its not long before we see our first gator , approx 5ft long sitting under the first bridge , this is followed by some herons and many other birds , we see many more small gators , large snails , fish including bass & gar , the water is very shallow at the moment , this is where these small air boats really come into there own , being able to navigate the shallow areas which is abundant with wildlife , the trip is excellent , captain harold is passionate about the wildlife and full of knowledge about the area and its inhabitants , the headphones allow him to comunicate this passion throughout the trip .We return to the departure area after 75 minutes . All 4 of us thouroughly enjoyed this trip . As far as I am concerned its a must do and one that will remain as a highlight of my 4 week trip . !
Old 3 Aug 10, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
PeterR
Excited about Disney

Now I'm a bit confused

Mikeyboy you mention Neptune Road but on the directions I've been given it doesn't mention Neptune Road...
PeterR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 10, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post

From my memory of 2 weeks ago the entrance to the layby (Partin triangle Park) is on Neptune Rd
Old 3 Aug 10, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post

PS, I'm Chloe's DAD, she's to blame for starting off this thread! but she's right, it really was a great experience, a real MUST DO!
Old 3 Aug 10, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PeterR
Excited about Disney

Oh right - we've been told to go to Whaley’s Landing Boat Ramp not a layby so maybe that explains it.
PeterR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 10, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PeterR View Post
Oh right - we've been told to go to Whaley’s Landing Boat Ramp not a layby so maybe that explains it.
They have 2 launch sites and we're also going from Whaley's Landing on 7th September. We've done the Boggy Creek airboat a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it, so we are sooooo excited about trying this one! One thing to bear in mind is there aren't any toilets at this launch site.
kateh134 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 10, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyian
Getting Excited

You can't go wrong with this airboat ride it's simply FAB, just you and your party with Captain Harold at the helm. We went last August and saw loads of wildlife from Gators through to Giant Snails. I also payed by cash to Harold on the day and he knocked off the tax ! but don't tell the tax people !
pompeyian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread