Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Aug 11, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went to AMI for 3 days last October. Going back in about 8 weeks and can't wait.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 11, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bairn
Serious Dibber

Have read this many times on here and never took the plunge, mainly because of not knowing the better location/place to stay.

What do you experienced AMI'ers suggest?
East coast USA since '92 - Rosen Centre, Wyndham, Marriott World Center, Championsgate Villas, Peabody/Hyatt, Hyatt Grand Cypress, Yacht Club, Beach Club, WDW Dolphin, Animal Kingdom, Gran Destino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, Sapphire Falls, Key West, Hollywood Beach, Miami, St Petes, Sandpearl, AMI x24, Caribbean cruises, Smokey Mountains, Nashville.
The Bairn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 11, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Jen2 View Post
We arrived Tuesday after spending 10 days in Orlando and have fallen in love with this beautiful island. For me, this is the highlight of what has been a great holiday with the family. It truly is a fantastic place. The people, the beaches, just everything is perfect. I have never felt so strongly about a place before and we already planning to come back. We are leaving on Thursday which I am trying not to think about. For those of you planning on coming here, you will not be disappointed.
How lovely to hear about your stay in AMI. We stayed a week down at St. Pete Beach a few years back. It was wonderful, so relaxed.

Can I ask what accommodation you are staying at on AMI?

Many thanks and don't even think about Thursday

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 11, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Clearwater Beach is highrise and brash.

Anna Maria is old school Florida, quieter and just paradise.
Old 15 Aug 11, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
I agree with everything said here - AMI is amazing...

Now all I need is a miracle, in that I can find flights for 4 at end June for 3 weeks and we'll be going back again... So can anyone find me those flights from Glasgow LOL
x

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 11, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

We rented a 2 bed 2 bath fully fitted apartment on 210 gulf view drive opposite joes eats and treats for £160 per night this was May this year. we rented through Gulf coast rentals I think. We just drove down on the day and managed to secure it. It was beachfront and when we got there and opened up the big doors onto the balcony it was heaven. We loved the fact that we could walk to local bars and restuarants. Tortuga apartments are nice as are bungalow beach apartments too. There are a lot down there but many of them have a 3 night minimum stay policy. Homeaway site has a few cottages and apartments there too.
Old 16 Aug 11, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

We rented through Homeaway, but it was actually an agent, Sato Real Estate. They couldn't have been more helpful and the villa was gorgeous (am I allowed to post pictures or is that advertising?!). Anna Maria is beautiful, loved it, so laid back. We were there for 4th July and it was a bit busier then, so we stayed by the pool rather than going to the beach. Everyone one is so friendly and helpful. Had my most embarassing moment on the trolley bus after the fireworks on 4th July. I wear a full leg brace due to disability and had actually gone out in shorts as I didn't think we'd see anyone we knew on AMI, and was also using my stick. We were last on the bus and it was full, so the lady driver announced at the top of her voice 'I need one of you to stand up and give this lady a seat' - didn't know where to put myself The thing was, so many people stood up and offered me a seat - can you imagine that happening over here?
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 11, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post

how long does it take to drive there from disney is it much further than clearwater or saint petes ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 11, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

It took us about 1hr 30 mins.
Old 16 Aug 11, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JammyDoja
Imagineer

cant seem to find any good hotels there tho! tempted to give this a try. How much different is the sea/beach to clearwater if any difference at all?
Las Vegas 2011-Luxor/Florida 2011-International Palms
Florida 2012-Fantasy Villas/Florida 2014-Windsor Palms
JammyDoja is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread