Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 12, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lil mousketeer
VIP Dibber

I've read lots of good reviews for the AMC on the dibb, but still wasn't sure about booking when we go this August/September BUT Hulk you've certainly changed my mind What a FAB review! :pop:

Disney POFQ/Universal HRH Aug/Sept 2012
Disney AKL/Universal RPR Aug/Sept 2014
Orlando/St Petes Beach Aug/Sept 2015
Universal-HHN Cabana Bay Sept/Oct 2016
West Stonebridge (Dibb Villa) Aug/Sept 2017
lil mousketeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 12, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedimaster
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by andylad View Post
My kids would love thisbut just checked the site and its over 21s only.
The AMC in Downtown Disney is a "Fork & Screen", which means that you can take under 18's as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.

The 21+ only is for "Cinema Suites", which serves the cocktails/alcohol, etc.

Jane

2008 Emerald Island, 2010 Davenport, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside,
2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2016 All Star Movies
Jedimaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 12, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

This probably sounds a daft question but would you feel a bit weird going by yourself?

My husband LOVES the cinema but we have a 4 year old in tow so I was thinking I could pack him off to the cinema and spend the evening shopping without the nagging from him to hurry up lol!

Just worried he may look a bit odd on his own - although a walk in may be a possibility then I guess!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 12, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
21nipp
Serious Dibber

Would our dd who is 18 be able to take her brother who will be 15? They both love the cinema and it would mean that me and dh could sneak off for a nice meal together!

Sue
21nipp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 12, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedimaster
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger7111 View Post
This probably sounds a daft question but would you feel a bit weird going by yourself?

My husband LOVES the cinema but we have a 4 year old in tow so I was thinking I could pack him off to the cinema and spend the evening shopping without the nagging from him to hurry up lol!

Just worried he may look a bit odd on his own - although a walk in may be a possibility then I guess!
As long as he wouldn't feel odd about being on his own, I don't know why anyone else would think it was.

Regardless of 'odd' or not ... make sure he goes so you can do your shopping!

Jane

Jedimaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 12, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Hulk - many thanks for your detailed review of this. I think our children are still a bit little at the moment, but when they're older/if we can get a babysitter sounds like a great idea and the menu looks fine too.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Jedimaster
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 21nipp View Post
Would our dd who is 18 be able to take her brother who will be 15? They both love the cinema and it would mean that me and dh could sneak off for a nice meal together!

Sue
I would assume that as long as she's got her passport proving she's 18, then it wouldn't be a problem. It states 'parent or guardian' on the website, but you could always e-mail them a query to check.

Jane

Link to this Post
asdageek
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jedimaster View Post
The AMC in Downtown Disney is a "Fork & Screen", which means that you can take under 18's as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.

The 21+ only is for "Cinema Suites", which serves the cocktails/alcohol, etc.

Jane
phew! thanks for posting this as we def fancy trying it and i have 4 teenagers
Old 11 May 12, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes we did it about this time last year and really enjoyed it. The staff were there without being 'in the way'. There was one time our waitress came to ask us if we needed anything else which was a bit of a pain in the bum as i missed a bit in the film, but that was the only downpoint. There is a silent buzzer to call someone if you want to order anything else or if you want a refill etc.

We're planning on doing it again (if we get time! )
Old 11 May 12, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tigger7111 View Post

there were 5 of us in the cinema when we went, us, another couple and a guy on his own. he was fine, happy enough
Closed Thread