Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 12 May 13, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I always accelerate past it as fast as I can.
Lol,us too. Anywhere that has a shop called "Knives and Things" gets a body swerve from us Just not our cuppa tea, but I know plenty of people who enjoy it.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by trickster71 View Post
We are interested in going to look at the classic cars. We are going in June We will be using public transport though. We are staying at the Rosen Inn near Universal. Was wondering if anyone knows what bus to get? Or would a taxi be the best option. We are first timers
Getting a bus there would be a nightmare. You'd have to get a Lynx down to Seaharbour, then a connection to the Disney TTC, then another to Old Town.

It's 25 minutes from WnW to Seaharbour on service 8.
It's 40 minutes from Seaharbour to TTC on service 50.
It's 25 minutes from TTC to Old Town on service 56.

Probably at least 2 hours unless you land very lucky with connections. Don't bother...
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by shauney View Post
Getting a bus there would be a nightmare. You'd have to get a Lynx down to Seaharbour, then a connection to the Disney TTC, then another to Old Town.

It's 25 minutes from WnW to Seaharbour on service 8.
It's 40 minutes from Seaharbour to TTC on service 50.
It's 25 minutes from TTC to Old Town on service 56.

Probably at least 2 hours unless you land very lucky with connections. Don't bother...
Thank you. Wow that is a long journey Maybe next time when we have a car
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by trickster71 View Post
Thank you. Wow that is a long journey Maybe next time when we have a car
That would be your best bet. Either that or combine it with a trip to AK as that tends not to be a full day park - but even then you're going to be clock watching for the journey home.

You should like Rosen Inn though - we've stayed there twice and found it good
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I think Mickey House has Never Been inside the area.

He Should Stop some evening and walk around,

I wonder how safe is His area in UK ?

We have been going to Orlando since 1991 and I even remember when they had the world's smallest Elvis museum there (it was dreadful). We used to wander around the shops there and felt safe then. We even stayed at the hotel immediately behind it quite a few years ago (only for one night though).

Over the years we have seen it decline and it doesn't haven't anything to offer me and my family anymore.

I have lived and worked in some areas that are known to be fairly rough, but I would never bring my family into areas that I felt uncomfortable in.

I am lucky that I now live in an area that is quite nice, but I still wouldn't be taking my family to certain parts of it in the evening because just like old town it doesn't have anything to offer us.

I am not knocking anyone who goes to old town, but it isn't my cup of tea and there is nothing that is of interest to me or my family there. My wife felt a bit uncomfortable the last evening we were there because of the behaviour of some of the locals who were drinking and weren't that friendly.

From some of the comments on here, I am clearly not alone in my opinion of old town.

Edited at 10:06 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would never go back! keep on driving is my advice! We felt unsafe there, it was run down and full of very strange shops. We made a swift exit!

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post

We went last night for the car's agree that it could do with a lick of paint and a tidy up, a bit like a poor mans Blackpool. Did make a change from the sugary sweet area's and make you realise not everything is "just like the Disney Smile" We enjoyed it and glad we did the experience but agree it is not for everyone.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tina&co
Excited about Disney

We don't like it there, just not our cup of tea, but friends of ours love it.
Old 12 May 13, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

I can't understand why people have said they feel unsafe there. We have been many times over the years and always had a good time. I really do think it makes a change from the 'painted on' and 'sickly sweet' smile of Disney.
Old 12 May 13, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
versace1888
Excited about Disney

Thanks for all your opinions guys! Not sue whether or not to go! Xx
versace1888 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread