Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 14 May 14, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CallyMum View Post
Some Fishing trips on a Boat.
The Titanic! Sorry if that offends anyone! LOL

Next to The Titanic Experience (not the boat trip) is a new CSI place. He might like that!

We were in Florida in March and we get on fine, but anytime DH said something negative, I told him it wasn't all about him! If he didn't want to go somewhere, he took me and stayed in the car (shops, not parks) It's give and take, we don't get to go often.

If your DH hates it so much, leave him behind next time.

Edited at 02:04 PM.
olgaandcoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 14, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

How can you be miserable at the most magical place in the world?! Leave him at the hotel and go enjoy yourself! x
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 14, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So sorry to hear you are not having a great time as you deserve to. I used to own a hotel so know the long hours you must work and everyone, including you, deserves to have fun and enjoy their holiday. Your happiness needs to come into this too and hope you have a fun day.

IOA is brilliant and hope he enjoys it. I would suggest Kennedy as a great non Disney day out. It is an awesome place that is really inspiring and also what about Seaworld - the pace is slower and there are lots more shows than just rides.

Thinking of you
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 14, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Originally Posted by Johnsonsontour View Post
I would get him a taxi to the airport and an early flight home alone! Sorted
Me too
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 14, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post

:angry: yes ive got a bit of advice , tell him to grow up, let him find "something " to do all by himself , you go to the parks alone if need be, stop letting him spoil your holiday:angry:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 14, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

If he's worried about fitting on the rides tell him he'll be fine. I'm 23 stone and haven't had a probelm with any ride yet.

I always need a seat belt extender of the plane, nobody bats an eyelid. And anyway, if they do then thats their problem not mine.

Very few people, if any, are looking at him. There's far too much else to look at. Must admit it did take me a wee while to accept that though.

If he's too hot and therefore sweating a lot take an extra t-shirt or two with you to the parks. Drink lots of water, take advantage of air-conditioned shows no matter how bad they might be. It's always 20 minutes in the cold.

Hope you can manage to salvage the rest of your holiday.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 14, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
POOLIEJOOLIE
Apprentice Imagineer

POOLIEJOOLIE's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Reading your posts makes me sad it sounds like this was a really exciting trip and I worry when you get home you will be so blue as you've compromised on everything.

I think he wishes he was as mobile and active as you but he's not and the sooner he realises it and wakes up to the fact that you will be back to the U.K. soon the better.

Was he planning on losing weight before the holiday and didn't manage it? I think he's a teeny bit jealous of you and your excitement and is feeling down so is trying to make you feel like he is.

I think you should plan some days of your own and if he wants to head home early then let him and you stay in the park. You should get to do what you want also as it's as much your holiday as his.
X
IOA rocks - do all the big rides and you won't regret it
Jul 2019 - AKL, Sep 2019 - DLP 36K RunDisney
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K RunDisney [cancelled ]Jul 2024 - California road trip & DL

Edited at 06:13 PM.
POOLIEJOOLIE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 14, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

If it's the heat getting to him you might want to pick up one of these or something similar. You just wet them and wear them around your neck/shoulders walmart/ip/Perfect-Fi...Towel/21666151 I've heard good things about them. Good luck

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 14, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Did he "enjoy" the shooting? If so pack him off for a full day while you go and enjoy yourself doing your own thing.

I can put you in touch with somebody out there who runs a proper shooting day out in the sticks.
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 14, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

I think he wishes he was as mobile and active as you but he's not and the sooner he realises it and wakes up to the fact that you will be back to the U.K. soon the better.

Was he planning on losing weight before the holiday and didn't manage it? I think he's a teeny bit jealous of you and your excitement and is feeling down so is trying to make you feel like he is.
I think PoolieJulie has probably hit this on the head. I suspect there's more to it than he's just not liking Disney/Orlando, which is sad for him and needs addressing but it shouldn't be at the expense of your enjoyment.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread