Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Aug 15, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
People keep saying "When it's finished" but JUST WHEN will it be finished? It seems to have been going on forever. It certainly put us off last year. I don't go on holiday to walk around building sites surrounded by hoardings. Not going near WDW until at least 2018 when hopefully they will have finished all this. Restaurants and shops are OK but some evening entertainment wouldn't go amiss. And those garages are just SO ugly!
I agree. DTD is one of mine and my DH's favourite places to visit normally, but last November it was a nightmare and quite stressful to walk around with how narrow a lot of the pathways had become, plus it looked an absolute mess. We had to go past DTD several times to get to other places and got stuck in gridlocked traffic for a long time. We're not going back until 2019 and I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like once finished, but it definitely was a let down last visit.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell12 View Post
Does anyone know if we can do those? Kids love dinosaurs but not queuing in traffic!
i wouldnt think so, im pretty sure you either need to be staying or eating at that resort to park there, i could be wrong though!

any one know when its scheduled to be finished?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Everything I've seen still says mid 2016.
Old 12 Aug 15, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Everything I've seen still says mid 2016.

Disney Springs will open in phases—venues at The Landing will begin opening in early 2015. By late 2015, all new locations at The Landing are expected to be open. Enhancements to the West Side and the Marketplace will be completed in early 2015. Finally, by mid-2016 the Town Center is scheduled to open
Old 12 Aug 15, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs View Post
We were planning doing the DTD checkin, then spending the rest of the day before our flight home doing a little shopping, getting a meal etc, then off to the airport... Bad idea?
This is our usual last day and we always enjoy it
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I was talking to the pilot on the disney balloon today when I went up on it. He said disney springs was behind schedule and wouldn't be finished next summer but to add 6 months on that. I hope he's wrong because we are coming back late Nov early Dec next year and I will be disappointed if its not finished by then.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 15, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
One of Tim trackers vlogs last week showed the queue of cars headin for DTD right past the main welcome to Walt Disney world sign on world drive !
Old 17 Aug 15, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I must be the only person who's been recently and had no problem getting in! We went one Tuesday evening couple of weeks ago, had a dinner reservation at T Rex at 6.30 so left I drive about 4ish expecting the worst, we were parked up by 5, right by Disney Quest! Same story when we went on our last day to do DTD check in, no probs at all. Yes it's expensive and busy but we liked it there.
Old 17 Aug 15, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

We visited a couple of weeks ago and didn't have any problems - probably cause we went in the morning! We did wait for an age at the traffic lights though so I can see how the traffic would build up. We just did our usual look round the shops and a sundae at ghiradelli. The parts that have been finished look great, but yes, it's pretty much a building site at the minute.
marciehatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 15, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post

We went this Saturday for lunch and drove into the new multistorey car park with no traffic or queues. We are planning on using the Virgin checkin and have a lunch reservation at PH this Wednesday and we're not particularly concerned about it, we'll see what happens
Closed Thread