Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 16, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
If by "greedy" you mean they are business and they want to make more profit than they did last year just like every successful business wants to do, then yes.

However, let's just go through your points:

Erm, you don't have to pay for the monorail at all. It's free. The "hopper" option allows you to visit more than one park per day on the same ticket (i.e. it's cheaper than buying 2 tickets - one for each park) and has nothing at all to do with the monorail. You've always had to pay for the hopper option. Disney UK tickets all come with the hopper option included and have done for many years.

Yes, you can choose to use the preferred parking option if you want to park closer to the entrance if you want. It's your choice though. You don't have to give Disney any extra money if you don't want to.

Or another way to look at it, you pay less if you visit during "value" times.

This is already been implemented but only for 1 day tickets. There are 3 types of 1 day ticket - Peak ticket, Regular ticket, and Value ticket. A Regular ticket is the price you would pay if Disney hadn't adopted this new price scheme for 1 day tickets (and is the same price Universal charge for a 1 day ticket). Peak tickets cost a bit more whilst Value tickets cost a bit less.

They are gently trying to encourage people to visit during the quieter periods and discourage people from visiting during the busy periods. As it only applies to 1 day tickets, then it doesn't really affect most people.

Well, yes. That's always been the case.

A 3 day ticket with the waterpark option gives you 3 days at the main parks plus an additional 3 visits to the waterparks (so, potentially, 6 days in total).

Why would asking you to pay more for something extra be considered greedy? Did you expect to get entrance to the waterparks for free?

Disney have always sold bottles of water to drink. And they still provide the same water fountains they always have (and, yes, many of these are a bit warm). This hasn't really changed at all.

You can also get free chilled water from any quick service restaurant if you ask for it. For free.

So it seems most of your concerns are unfounded.

Yes, every year Disney charges more for tickets, more for food/drinks in the parks, more for souvenirs, and so on. They also continue to offer more enhanced features for guests to choose to pay for (more choice is a good thing IMO). But this is no different from everywhere else. And because attendance (=demand) keeps on increasing, they'll keep on increasing the price to match the supply. This is just the standard "supply and demand" pricing model that most businesses adopt.
Wow Nimbus, excellent as always

Just WOW

Disney332
Old 3 Nov 16, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Maybe the op just wants to let of steam. Personally the cost of tickets is just a cost, if you don't like Disney charging options then just don't go.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Come guys , get a grip , its a forum ! Because an individual has opposing views to your own , does that make them wrong ?As for pleading Guilty , yes I plead guilty for having my own views ! I honestly get your points , however I do not agree. As for the Monorail/ferry being free there's little other option to get to the gate. Any way got you Mouseketeers all fired up. Maybe rip off is inappropriate but it does appear that WDW is trying ever so hard to make that extra buck .Well that's my view , guess we'll have to agree to disagree
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Op ?

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Maybe the op just wants to let of steam. Personally the cost of tickets is just a cost, if you don't like Disney charging options then just don't go.
May be its me , but what's an OP? Plus I never said I didn't like Disney . I happen to be a fan and have been for many years.
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
May be its me , but what's an OP?
Original Poster, i.e. thread starter
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Wow Nimbus, excellent as always

Just WOW

Disney332
Man that told me ! Back to the corner of the Room , facing the wall with my Mickey Ears on !
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
Original Poster, i.e. thread starter
Cheers for that . Kinda new to this and would you adam n eve it ive upset people already. Maybe my posts will be less abrasive in the future
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
As for the Monorail/ferry being free there's little other option to get to the gate.
So why did you say they charge for this? I don't quite get your point.
And, its a forum so obviously people will not always agree with you
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Sorry Chewie ,when i said you should plead guilty ,i meant that the previous poster had you put on trial rather than debate kindly..Im on yr side,you are right in everything you are saying..All of us continually on here are die hard Disney fans & some cant bare to hear anything other than Magical..I do feel some on here are very childish when they say "if you dont like it,dont go" but rest assured yr points are just as welcome as everyone elses!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Man that told me ! Back to the corner of the Room , facing the wall with my Mickey Ears on !
Cheers for that . Kinda new to this and would you adam n eve it ive upset people already. Maybe my posts will be less abrasive in the future
You'll learn

Just be prepared for lots of people disagreeing with you if you post anything vaguely critical of Disney. Many people still believe that Disney can do no wrong, ever, and nothing you can say will persuade them otherwise
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread