Jammy31's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 24
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Video Effects?

Dear all,

I found this charming video on YouTube of someone's first trip to Disneyland...

I am going to Walt Disney World in October with a friends family, and for a couple of them, it is there first trip too.

I was inspired by the above video, and was just wondering how the "slow motion" was filmed? Any ideas or help on how this was achieved would be great!

I have After Effects, and Sony Movie Studio 16 as editing software, so it'd be great to try something like this whilst I am out there, for them to have as a memory.

Edited at 10:38 AM.
Jammy31 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

This is my take on it and is only my opinion

I wouldn't try and edit a whole problem in after effects but you may be able to use an effect called "speed ramping" which is certainly present in adobe premier and may be present in after effects.

It allows you to change frame rates within a clip so you can speed up and slow it down. It also allows you to easy the effect in and out to make the transition less jerky.

I dont know if the Sony app allows you to do this - sorry - I have no experience of it.

One additional comment - if you are planning to slow the clip down shoot at a higher frame rate to reduce jerking

BB
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jammy31
Apprentice Imagineer

Jammy31's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 24
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
This is my take on it and is only my opinion

I wouldn't try and edit a whole problem in after effects but you may be able to use an effect called "speed ramping" which is certainly present in adobe premier and may be present in after effects.

It allows you to change frame rates within a clip so you can speed up and slow it down. It also allows you to easy the effect in and out to make the transition less jerky.

I dont know if the Sony app allows you to do this - sorry - I have no experience of it.

One additional comment - if you are planning to slow the clip down shoot at a higher frame rate to reduce jerking

BB
Thank you for your speedy response!

I really appreciate the tips, as I am starting to learn about videography and editing and thought this might be a good starter project. I've dabbled in it before, but never sat down and looked properly into it all.

I will look at the Speed Ramping and see if I can find it in the programs

Thank you again

Jammy31 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Jammy31 View Post
Thank you for your speedy response!

I really appreciate the tips, as I am starting to learn about videography and editing and thought this might be a good starter project. I've dabbled in it before, but never sat down and looked properly into it all.

I will look at the Speed Ramping and see if I can find it in the programs

Thank you again
Not a problem - it can be a steep learning curve but it has become a lot easier over the years. If you are using a PC to edit rendering times (when you actually produce the final clip) needs as much cpu and memory as you can throw at it.

My tip - avoid going overboard on the effects BUT if used properly speed ramping can be very impressive
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

There is a slo mo button on I-phones so maybe they filmed some of it on their phone
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
There is a slo mo button on I-phones so maybe they filmed some of it on their phone
That's possible - the problem wish some slow mo modes kn cameras is that they can interfere with resolutions
Old 26 Sep 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

If you have Movie Studio all you have to is click on the clip in the timeline at the right end edge and you will see the two arrows. If you click there and press the control key at the same time you will get the two arrows with a wiggly line. If you dray right and lengthen the clip it will slow the clip down. If you drag left it will speed the clip up.
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List