Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Nov 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Scarla
VIP Dibber

'Once in a lifetime' trip - WDW onsite & DDP Feb 2019 - Day 5 - Epcot & the lost boy

Hi & welcome to day 5, my index can be found here.
After the hustle & bustle of Alex's birthday yesterday we planned to spend a nice chilled day at Epcot.

Fastpasses
Frozen ever after at 09.30
Turtle Talk with Crush at 11.15
Mission Space at 12.15

ADR
Lunch at Akershus

As usual we were all up bright & early, had breakfast at OPR then headed for the bus to Epcot, it was a little overcast but i just love this resort.

This was the only real cold day we had in our 2 weeks at WDW, not cold enough for coats but definitely a hoodie day, of course Scarla refused to wear one & wanted to wear shorts so spent the whole day complaining she was cold luckily, Darren had worn a shirt which he lent her to keep the chill off.

Anyway, our first stop was Frozen ever after, which both myself & Scarla had been looking forward to being both HUGE Frozen fans, (Scarla's Elsa & I'm Anna, in case you were wondering ) We were not disappointed & absolutely loved this ride

We followed this up with a visit to Elsa & Anna as the wait time was minutes.

Scarla was absolutely enchanted by them both, but i found Elsa a little 'frosty' (did you see what i did there ) as she hardly said 2 words to the kids before they were directed towards Anna, who was absolutely lovely & spent a good few minutes chatting to both of them, hence more photopass pics.

I think Scarla is more interested in Elsa's dress tbh

After this we had a bit of a wonder round the World showcase, well i say wander, it was more like a march as Darren doesn't do wandering, Alex says he teleports as we would stop to look at something & when we looked back up he would be about 200 yards away leaving us running to catch him up

We stopped for some pics on the way round

Next stop was the seas for our FP for Turtle Talk

I absolutely loved this experience, Alex got picked to ask a question & Crush described him the 'Dude with the goggles & the blue shell' due to his glasses & cap which he loved. He asked how fast turtles can swim, which I can't remember the answer to, but was quite fast, i think.

Scarla had a bit of a meltdown after this as she wasn't picked for a question, however, if she had been picked she probably would have clammed up anyway so was a no win situation, we decided to distract her by a visit to the aquarium & more photopass pics

Fish are friends, not food

After this we headed off to our next fast pass...Mission Space

As this was our first time at Epcot i got a bit confused between Mission Space & Spaceship Earth so we spent 10 minutes in the wrong queue & it was only when we scanned our bands & it wouldn't let us on that we realized.

I had no idea where to go for Mission Space so was wandering in the general direction the cast member had told us, Me & Scarla in front, Alex & Darren behind us when i saw a park map outside guest relations so me & Scarla stopped to see where the ride was.

When we found it & looked round to let the others know, only Darren was there, no sign of Alex, it was my worst nightmare! It could only have been about 20 - 30 seconds so he couldn't be far but there were sooooo many people around that it was impossible to see him.

Luckily we were outside guest relations, so while Darren looked in the nearby toilets & shops i popped in to let them know what had happened.

I have to say the staff were FANTASTIC, they were straight on the radio issuing a description of what he was wearing to get all cast members on the look out for him while we waited for security to arrive.

After about 10 minutes i was really starting to panic but trying to keep it together as Scarla was getting quite upset, then through the crowds i see a security guard heading towards us holding Alex's hand. He had done exactly the right thing & gone into a shop to let the staff know he had lost us.

It appeared, he hadn't been concentrating (too much going on around the park) & hadn't noticed us stop so had carried on walking when we were looking at the map. He was understandably quite upset so we found a quite corner to sit, get a drink & comfort him, telling him how brave & clever he had been to do the right thing when he realized he had lost sight of us.

Needless to say, we were not destined to ride Mission Space that day, but tbh, the only thing that mattered was Alex was safe

After all that excitement it was time for our ADR at Akershus.

This was the first time Scarla met Belle, her all time favourite Princess so she was in her element

The food here was was only so so, imo, however the atmosphere was great, there were lots of princesses coming round & they got all the kids doing a procession round the tables. I had brought Darren a cap the previous day with 'I'm Grumpy' on the front which Snow picked up on & was quite funny for us all.

We were seated right in the entrance, which would have been fine if it wasn't so cold today, so by the end of the meal we were all freezing & just wanted to go back to the resort.

When we got back to CBR it had warmed up a bit so the kids wanted to go to the pool & we ended the day just chilling

Well, thats it for day 5, i hope you enjoyed the read. Please feel free to ask questions.

Next up: Day 6 - Magic Kingdom & BOG (Lunch)

Feb 2019 - 2 weeks onsite at CBR with DDP
Oct 2022 - 3 weeks offsite in 4 bed villa at Emerald Island - Pre-trip report is here

'Once in a lifetime' trip report - CBR + DDP Feb 2019

Edited at 11:44 PM.
Scarla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

What a true nightmare to lose Alex but that’s great that he knew what to do and lunch at Akershus took your minds off it all! Really enjoying your report thanks for sharing!
Old 16 Nov 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Always a horrible feeling when you lose sight of your child. Well done Alex for knowing just what to do great report so far
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh man, your heart just stops when you realise they've gone didn't it? Thank God he knew to go and ask for help in the shop. He's got a good head on his shoulders!
Love the photos with Anna 😍
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great report 🙂
Heart stop moment when you lose sight of them, we’ve all been there.
Love Epcot, my favourite park
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Aside from the scare, what a lovely day - the kids’ faces with the characters...precious 🥰

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Glad Alex was ok, lots of characters meets which are fantastic.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List