Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7 Apr 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
#21
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic
 
WileyCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11
Well. I am all caught up.
What a fabulous looking trip ! Great places and loving the different accommodation choices. West coast hotel prices are eye watering arenít they !

Had to smile when I saw Hulas in your dining choices. We had such a nice meal but completely round about walk getting there. Your plans bring back many happy memories of our trip. Will be excited to follow your adventures !

Wonder how you will fare on the shopping front on this one ... be interested to see what you think compared to Florida !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
#22
juliab
Imagineer
 
juliab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Finally had a chance to catch up with your fantastic plans!

My what an amazing trip you've got planned.

I so know what you mean about the BA website it is so glitchy and a pain to us. You did well with your flights and it feels so good once they're booked.

We're staying at the Columbus thanks to the many recommendations on the dibb and it being the cheapest!

We've struggled so much with Monterey, the prices are just ridiculous, you've done really well with your booking.

Can't wait to read all about it!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
smithlane
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
smithlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Well. I am all caught up.
What a fabulous looking trip ! Great places and loving the different accommodation choices. West coast hotel prices are eye watering arenít they !

Had to smile when I saw Hulas in your dining choices. We had such a nice meal but completely round about walk getting there. Your plans bring back many happy memories of our trip. Will be excited to follow your adventures !

Wonder how you will fare on the shopping front on this one ... be interested to see what you think compared to Florida !
Thanks Amanda, arenít they just!
Haha I remember you getting a bit lost on your way to Hulaís, letís hope we find our way the first time before any hangriness occurs 😆
Ooh I have a shopping list at the ready. Iím still trying to find a Navy mac like you got from Tommy Hilfiger that time. Letís hope Iím successful in Cali!
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
smithlane
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
smithlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Finally had a chance to catch up with your fantastic plans!

My what an amazing trip you've got planned.

I so know what you mean about the BA website it is so glitchy and a pain to us. You did well with your flights and it feels so good once they're booked.

We're staying at the Columbus thanks to the many recommendations on the dibb and it being the cheapest!

We've struggled so much with Monterey, the prices are just ridiculous, you've done really well with your booking.

Can't wait to read all about it!
Thanks Julia!
The BA site drives me bonkers, I canít believe how bad it is and how itís not fixed yet!
Weíre looking forward to staying at the Columbus, not the most glamorous is it but the location looks perfect!
Monterey is eye wateringly expensive, especially as we wanted 2 bedrooms. Where have you ended up booking?
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
#25
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Great pre trippy and really looking forward to the actual trip!
__________________

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Orlando. 2012 Orlando, Gulf and Keys.2015 New York, Washington, Orlando. 2017 Pensacola, Destin,Tampa, Orlando, Daytona.
2018 California N to S. Trip report.. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 East Coast, Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples. Trip report..
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302

And the future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Jul 12
Wow your trip looks fantastic. DD and I want to do a west coast road trip but she wants to do it when she is older (only 16 at the moment). I visited way back in 1978 and can remember staying at Yosemite. My dad was booking hotels along the way whilst we were out there - can you imagine doing that now! We had just left Vegas and were staying at Death Valley when he was trying to book accommodation at Yosemite. They didn't have room at the hotel there but could offer us a canvas cabin. My mum was NOT impressed when it was a tent - just like those in the photo you posted. We had a racoon visit us - no bears. Our next stop was San Fran so to make up for things Dad booked us a suite at the Sheraton - what luxury!

Have a fantastic time.
__________________
1993 - Orlando Honeymoon
1997 - Clearwater/Orlando
2011 - Emerald Isle, Orlando
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
#27
smithlane
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
smithlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 15
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Great pre trippy and really looking forward to the actual trip!
Thanks so much for reading!
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#28
smithlane
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
smithlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 15
Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
Wow your trip looks fantastic. DD and I want to do a west coast road trip but she wants to do it when she is older (only 16 at the moment). I visited way back in 1978 and can remember staying at Yosemite. My dad was booking hotels along the way whilst we were out there - can you imagine doing that now! We had just left Vegas and were staying at Death Valley when he was trying to book accommodation at Yosemite. They didn't have room at the hotel there but could offer us a canvas cabin. My mum was NOT impressed when it was a tent - just like those in the photo you posted. We had a racoon visit us - no bears. Our next stop was San Fran so to make up for things Dad booked us a suite at the Sheraton - what luxury!

Have a fantastic time.
Thanks so much for reading. That's brilliant! I can't imagine booking things as I went, the OCD in me wouldn't allow it . I can imagine your mum wasn't impressed with a tent if she was expecting a hotel
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#29
moosha
VIP Dibber
 
moosha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
Wow, all I can say is this really does look like the dream West Coast trip .

We have postponed ours to next summer so we can save more first but Iíve just started researching (reading West Coast trippies) and so much of what youíre doing is on my list (Yosemite, Monterey, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, all those famous stops on the PCH, Sausalito, Warner Brothers Tour, Griffith Park etc.) and I canít wait to read all about it. I know already that your report is going to be so helpful to us.

You must be so excited about a whole three weeks of bucket list moments. Hope you all have an amazing time, canít wait for the report.

(Oh and yes, I canít count the number of times I have wanted to throw my computer out of the window while using the BA website 😂. I felt your pain with stress of flight booking.)
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#30
smithlane
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
smithlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Wow, all I can say is this really does look like the dream West Coast trip .

We have postponed ours to next summer so we can save more first but Iíve just started researching (reading West Coast trippies) and so much of what youíre doing is on my list (Yosemite, Monterey, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, all those famous stops on the PCH, Sausalito, Warner Brothers Tour, Griffith Park etc.) and I canít wait to read all about it. I know already that your report is going to be so helpful to us.

You must be so excited about a whole three weeks of bucket list moments. Hope you all have an amazing time, canít wait for the report.

(Oh and yes, I canít count the number of times I have wanted to throw my computer out of the window while using the BA website 😂. I felt your pain with stress of flight booking.)
Michelle Iím so sorry for the delayed reply, Iíve only just seen this!
Thank you for reading along, I hope Iíll be able to help with your planning. Itís a shame youíve had to push the holiday back but probably a good idea as we are finding out the hard way that California is not cheap 😳. Iíll look forward to reading about yours with hopefully fond memories, I always enjoy your trippies.
Iím glad Iím not the only one that finds the BA website totally crap! Honestly a company that size you would have thought they could get it sorted!
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
CaxtonFX  $1.2972
Covent Garden FX  $1.3207
FAIRFX  $1.3035
John Lewis  $1.3133
M&S  $1.2880
Post Office  $1.2883
Sainsburys  $1.3044
TESCO  $1.3060
Travelex  $1.2962
Updated: 08:00 28/11/2020
Euro Rates
CaxtonFX  €1.0844
Covent Garden FX  €1.1006
FAIRFX  €1.0955
John Lewis  €1.0985
M&S  €1.0785
Post Office  €1.0800
Sainsburys  €1.0926
TESCO  €1.0929
Travelex  €1.0867
Updated: 08:00 28/11/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now