Notices

Old 8 Dec 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Benalmadena Dec 19. An all includio winter break with friends. Travel day.

Thursday 28th December.

Our mini bus was booked for 3am so the alarm was set for 2.20.
We were all set to go, so after getting dressed and checking the documents we drove a couple of minutes to park outside my mums house as the mini bus was picking us up from Debbie’s on the same road. I put the keys through mums door and we walked to Debbie’s. The mini bus was there and Linda, Russell, Sandy and Debbie were already in. We were early and Steph came along a few minutes later.
The journey was good, it’s so nice not driving especially at that time in the morning.
We arrived at 4.30 and went to the toilet. Someone was washing their hair in the sink in there!
Anyway, we went straight to security. I had to have a body scan and then my bag was swabbed as well so not a great start. Russell and Linda were also searched as she had lipstick in her bag, she said she doesn’t normally put it in the clear bag and hasn't had a problem before.
We all met up at spoons and did some shopping separately. We just got a meal deal from WHSmith, I had my wrap before the flight which was good. We also got a pint.

We walked to the gate and went to the toilet, a lady was doing her business with the door wide open, I don’t know what it was with us and strange things on the bathrooms today!
Everyone else had booked priority but Matt and I brought a travel size bag so didn’t take a case. You can take this and a duty free bag on Ryan air flights for free (I popped my toiletries in our bag from the meal deal) plus I had a bum bag which was fine.
Matt and I were sitting on row 11 as we checked in 48 hours in advance for free and I changed one seat for £10. The others were on 27 and 28 I was in the holiday mood so ordered a drink.

Matt didn’t want his sandwich so I had it.

Matt had downloaded Only fools and horses so we watched a couple of episodes and time passes quickly. We landed 15 minutes early. Linda and co got off the plane first and on the first bus, Matt and I were on the second but it wasn’t too much longer before we made it to security. For some reason Matt always gets his passport looked at thoroughly.
As originally it was just Matt, Linda, Russell and I, we had a separate private transfer. Debbie, Steph and Sandy were already on their way with theirs. It’s a fairly short journey from Malaga to Benalmadena, about 10/15 minutes.
The weather was perfect, so warm and lovely after leaving rain at home.
The hotel was busy at check in but it didn’t take too long. Tracy and Paul met us and it was good to see them.
The room wasn’t ready so we grabbed a drink. Sangria for me and San Migel for Matt.
Sandy and Steph were playing a game organised by the hotel.

The main pool area

Matt and I had stayed at the hotel last year and had a superior room which was massive. This year we upgraded to a club room which was smaller but had a brilliant view and was closer so we were happy with it. We also had slippers which I brought home.
Steph, Sandy and Debbie had a superior room and Linda and Russell also had a club room but Linda wasn’t keen on it so changed to a superior.
We had some lunch.

We all spent the afternoon in the sun enjoying the weather and drinks.
Steph and Sandy checked out our room and we had a selfie on the balcony.

We decided to walk to the marina to see the sunset and have a couple of drinks.

It was beautiful but it soon got colder when the sun went down.
We walked back to the hotel and it was stunning.

We had dinner which was a Mexican night.

We went to the bar to see the disco show which was very good.
I got changed as I had a thin clothes dress for my first night.

We had a fair amount of drink including some sneaky shots.

It was a great start to the holiday.

Edited at 09:24 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

That was a bit of an early start!

The sunset pictures are lovely!

And the food looks delicious - were you fully inclusive? Edited to say - I have reread the title! Duh!

Edited at 10:12 PM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start to the holiday, the food looks good at the hotel. How nice to get some sunshine at this time of year. Lovely sunset photos
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
That was a bit of an early start!

The sunset pictures are lovely!

And the food looks delicious - were you fully inclusive? Edited to say - I have reread the title! Duh!
Thank you.
It’s nice to get on holiday early but the early starts are hard.
The food was lovely there and a good variety as well.

Edited at 04:58 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Great start to the holiday, the food looks good at the hotel. How nice to get some sunshine at this time of year. Lovely sunset photos
Thank you, I’m still waiting for Sandy to share her photos.
We loved having some winter sun and hopefully are going to make it an annual visit.