Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

April 21... any hope?

Six months away. What do you think of the chances of Donald lifting restrictions and fco saying it’s all good to go?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Nobody knows.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

I think there are too many unknowns. Hopefully things will become a little clearer after the election maybe.

If Trump gets re-elected he has nothing to lose really and will be under some pretty significant pressure from his wealthy and influential friends.

If he doesn’t get elected, he might think, ‘to hell with it’ and lift the Presidential order.

If Biden is elected, he may be more cautious about lifting the ban, even though I think he only intends to serve 1 term regardless.

There may be a vaccine in circulation by then... or it could hit a road bump.

There are so many variables it’s impossible to guess.

We’re due to go in March, right now we have our fingers crossed - if we have to delay again, we will, but we’re sitting tight on that decision until New Year.

**Edited to add that I appreciate I’ve only covered the US side of the requirement to travel and there still needs to be some flex with the FCO etc**
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm hoping so, after changing our cancelled Christmas trip to 6th April, cross your fingers time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Reneejbeatte
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Fingers crossed , we’ve booked for May

2020 All Stars 🌟 🎵 Avanti Resort 2019, DLP 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2017, Art of Animation 2015, International Palms 2013, clarion LBV 2012, Regal Sun 2010, Newport Bay DLP 2009, All Star Movies 2008, Caribbean Beach 2006, Best Western Plaza 2005
Reneejbeatte is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I'm hoping so, after changing our cancelled Christmas trip to 6th April, cross your fingers time.
We're still booked to go at Xmas (even though I'm 99% sure it's not going to happen!) Did your travel company cancel? I'm still waiting to hear from Virgin!
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by pamatt View Post
We're still booked to go at Xmas (even though I'm 99% sure it's not going to happen!) Did your travel company cancel? I'm still waiting to hear from Virgin!
Yes Virgin Holidays cancelled ours last week, we were due to fly from Manchester on December 8th for 4 weeks. 😢
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have booked for end of April, but I'm not getting my hopes up now .
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We have hope - booked with BA so their flexible booking policy covers us. If we go, great, if not we just slide the booking back to September 2021 or beyond, right up to April 2022.

Confidence at this point on a scale of 1 to 10. About a 3.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Craftylee
Helping Mickey

Also booked for April 21 - if it doesn't go ahead, I'll be doing the same thing that many other folks are doing... moving it to Sept 2021

At this rate, Sept 2021 will be the busiest time of year in Orlando!
Craftylee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List