Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve cancelled my DVC booking this week for April 13th and returned my tickets to attraction tickets direct that had been extended from last April. Giving up till 2022. Booked a house in Scotland instead!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

I'm booked for May, but I'm thinking it's unlikely, the world needs a vaccine/cure as this virus is going nowhere
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We moved our Disney cruise from last April to next Easter. I have all my hotels booked fully cancelable but I cannot bring myself to book the flights especially as they are £800 more (for 4) than I paid last year. If it wasn’t our last chance at Easter as son is doing GCSEs the following year I would just give up and cancel it all now.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GMickeyB View Post
I'm booked for May, but I'm thinking it's unlikely, the world needs a vaccine/cure as this virus is going nowhere
I don’t actually think anyone will be flying to the US for a holiday for a very long time. September/October 21 if we are lucky with a vaccine and widespread roll out
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Very sadly I have to agree with you. i cannot see the USA opening its border to us or the UK government allowing travel to the USA for a considerable time, late summer earliest I would think. I could be wrong
Queues at the moment are very long and we are in low season. Disney have stated that 25% capacity is there for some time, but from the videos I've watched it does seem more than that. Tickets are no so expensive and you are getting so much less for your money.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I'm hoping so, after changing our cancelled Christmas trip to 6th April, cross your fingers time.
There’s always hope x

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I don’t actually think anyone will be flying to the US for a holiday for a very long time. September/October 21 if we are lucky with a vaccine and widespread roll out
Agreed, but I have read today that Pfizer say they have something but are waiting until after the US elections to put it out there for approval from the relevant governing bodies, so there is always a glimmer of hope
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Will_H
Excited about Disney

Not sure where to put it,but seeing as I'm planning on going around same time...

wdwmagic/amp/other/w...e-holidays.htm

Obviously nothing concrete but something I guess
Will_H is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Melyn12
Getting Excited

I just priced up Caribbean beach and BA flights for 17th April- 1st May and worked out at just over £1600 for 5 of us for direct Flights and £2544 for standard room. Couldn’t believe the price but just can’t bring myself to book as just can’t see it happening unfortunately 😭😭😭
Melyn12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Yes Virgin Holidays cancelled ours last week, we were due to fly from Manchester on December 8th for 4 weeks. 😢
It's all so sad isn't it?
Sorry yours was cancelled. Virgin are still saying they're hoping to resume flights from Dec 10th but I can't see it happening! 😭
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List