Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Dec 05, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Annettes Diner - Disney Village

Enjoyed this , good food in a relaxed atmosphere ..
Remember no reservations here , take your chance !

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 05, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post

I have always been dissapointed with Planet Hollywood,m cold food wrong orders etc. Generally I am not very impressed with DLP food, but two pleaces that are good are Annette's Diner and also Innovatons in the Disneyland Hotel.
Old 8 Dec 05, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
We are fans of King Ludwig's Castle in Disney Village. The Leberkase starter is fantastic. If you dine there between 3pm and 7pm one kid eats free for each adult.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 05, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We're probably going to be in the minority here but we found The Rainforest Cafe very disappointing compared to Florida and very expensive for what was a distinctly average pizza and burger meal! It has to be said though that the novelty value of eating in a Jungle with moving animals does make it a "must" especially with kids. Perhaps popping in for a drink and dessert would be a good plan.

We did however have a wonderful meal at the Auberge de Cendrillion(probably spelt that wrong! Otherwise known as Cinderella Restaurant!) and it only came to very slightly more than our mediocre one at RFC !
This was for a 3 course top class French meal with really first rate food and we thought the atmosphere and surroundings charming.

Jan
x
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 05, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post

The one I would avoid is Cafe Mickey,.
Old 11 Dec 05, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Amyrlin
The one I would avoid is Cafe Mickey,.
Sorry but I'd have to disagree . BBQ Honey Pot is great and the character interaction was spot on . DD danced with Robin Hood + Tigger .

Old 12 Dec 05, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
don't you just love those mickey lights - i couldnt stop looking at them the first time we went in cafe mickey.

i think its time i got my DLP video out to watch again.
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 05, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Just back on Saturday, ate in a couple of places.

Annettes Diner - food good, if a bit on the cool side, but service VERY, VERY SLOW! :angry: There were 7 of us, we all had a main meal, except one who only wanted a dessert - but at the same time as the rest of us were eating.

Our meals duly arrived, but no sign of the dessert. We had to ask about FOUR times, the last time I'm afraid I was starting to get a bit annoyed.

What made it even more frustrating was that this was not at a peak time and lots of staff were hanging around chatting.

I found this generally throughout the Park, the french have no concept of quick, efficient service.

Plaza Gardens - think that's the right name, in the area before the castle, to the right at the end of Main Street. Booked a buffet one night through Town Hall for 6:30pm (serves this 11:00am - 7:00pm). €20 for adults, €10 for kids, covered starters, main course and desserts, drinks not included, except kids. Excellent choice, great food, very good value.

Although we didn't eat in the Hunter's Grill, Sequoia Lodge, their buffet at €25 looked very good as well.

I think the only thing Rain Forest has going for it is the theming, which appeals to the children. Otherwise it seems to be over-priced basic food, ie burgers, fish n chips, etc. When you think that fish n chips there costs €19 and you can get the whole works for €20 at Plaza Gardens, why would you bother? The later is a lovely restaurant AND you are still in the park, so you can go back to some 'gentler' rides after your meal, or do a bit of shopping in Main Street (they stay open for a long time after the Park closes at 8:00pm).
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 05, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
i think we might give the plaza gardens a try this year - not long now, getting excited
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 06, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

We enjoyed a gorgeous dinner at King Ludwigs Castle where the service was excellent particularly as we were difficult (my friend's ds has an egg allergy) and wanted to know what was in everything! (A further note on this is that DLP has 'allergy-friendly' menus in most of their restaurants including the ones in Disney Village - email them direct from website for more details and they'll send the menus right to you, the only problem is that the menus are not very attractive to kids)

We took advantage of the children eating free as we were 4 adults and 4 children so the meal we had was very good value for money! We reserved a table but we needn't have bothered as the restaurant was very quiet at 6pm - we have to eat early to accommodate my stroppy six year old!

We also had a lovely meal at Plaza Gardens where the desserts were to die for (I like my sweet stuff!) and again the service was excellent.
Closed Thread