Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 May 13, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

i'm confused already

I checked on friday for dates for next year and got given a price etc but i've just tried checking again now i know the school holiday dates for next yr but it says those dates aren't available yet

i was looking for april to go over easter hols

i hate planning hols and haven't been anywhere since wdw dec 2011/jan 2012

i was just planning on booking everything through the DLP website

we live in leics so what would be the best way to travel? i was thinking the train thingy but is it better to fly? are there much difference in prices?

there' will be me and the 3 kids but dd will be 15 when we go so does she class as adult?

we like the rainforest cafe and have been twice to the dlp one but that was several yrs ago and been hearing bad reviews on here recently, so maybe i will go somewhere else but where?

i won't actually be able to book til about september when i know what dd's competition dates are for next season so will there still be plenty of choices left by then or dodes it get booked pretty quick?

any help for a planning newbie would be much appreciated... last 2 times we went, we just booked a coach trip and they booked everything for us lol.
*jovi_girl* is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

september will be fine to book for next April - you might want to leave it even longer if theres not a good offer when you're looking to book your hotel. The prices for winter and up to April, possibly later, are due to be released in the next couple of weeks.

Any children in your party aged 12 or over are classed as adults at DLP.

for 4 of you, you will probably be cheaper either driving down to Folkestone then taking the Eurotunnel and driving to DLP, or taking the Eurostar when those fares are first released for April (as they get more expensive the longer you leave it to book). It might even be worth you driving down to Ashford and taking the Eurostar from there, compared with the Eurostar from London, as the price is the same on the Eurostar but if you need an overnight stay near your Eurostar departure point before and/or after your trip, Ashford will be cheaper to stop over in compared with London.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
september will be fine to book for next April - you might want to leave it even longer if theres not a good offer when you're looking to book your hotel. The prices for winter and up to April, possibly later, are due to be released in the next couple of weeks.

Any children in your party aged 12 or over are classed as adults at DLP.

for 4 of you, you will probably be cheaper either driving down to Folkestone then taking the Eurotunnel and driving to DLP, or taking the Eurostar when those fares are first released for April (as they get more expensive the longer you leave it to book). It might even be worth you driving down to Ashford and taking the Eurostar from there, compared with the Eurostar from London, as the price is the same on the Eurostar but if you need an overnight stay near your Eurostar departure point before and/or after your trip, Ashford will be cheaper to stop over in compared with London.

thanks for the reply

should have mentioned that i don't drive lol
*jovi_girl* is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 13, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
thanks for the reply

should have mentioned that i don't drive lol
can you do Leicester to Ashford on the train, with a family railcard (Daily Mail have their yearly offer online right now to get a free 2-month railcard and then £10 off the cost of a yearly one, well worth doing). That might still work out cheaper, compared with getting the train/bus to London and then the Eurostar from London, if you have to stay overnight beforehand.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 13, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I'd wait until at least September to book DLP for next April. Avoid the weekend and try arrive on a Monday (though not sure about Easter Monday?).
Book transport separately, not part of DLP package as they put quite a mark up on it.
Don't be tempted by half board/full board offers unless they are free and part of deal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 13, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Thanks for the advice. September would be perfect time for me to book cos should have got dd's comp dates by then

Will start saving now and be back on here nearer the time lol
Old 13 May 13, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread