Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 14, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Tylenol is acetominophen which is paracetamol and Naproxen is also sold over the counter in the UK as Feminax Ultra, so you don't actually need a prescription for either in the UK - although the Naproxen would probably be cheaper on prescription than buying it in Boots for the quantity...

We do bring lots of paracetamol and ibuprofen back purely because even though DD pretty much lives on them to control her pain levels, our GP doesn't prescribe them - it's just more convenient to have big bottles on hand than having to buy a box every few days. She also uses Naproxen regularly, but I bring it back for my boss rather than us as she does get that on prescription... having said that, she turns 18 later this year so I'll have to add it to my shopping list for her too.

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Happyjo40
Excited about Disney

Tums!

My Dh has a fascination of buying those huge tubs of Tums! I often but the tooth whitening toothpaste too that's a lot cheaper too. I'm so sad at the moment I'm even looking on Wallmart website at all the stuff I can buy! I always buy lots of nail polish! especially revlon! twice as dear here
Happyjo40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 14, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Naproxen used to be in all Feminax products then for some reason it was removed from the basic Feminax and only available in the Ultra one! I used to have to stock up in Europe when we went on holiday as the old formula was available there.
However, I'm now of an age that I don't need it any more.
I'd agree that it is much more convenient to buy large quantities of tylenol/paracetemol then the tiny expensive packs you get here!

I was very surprised when I was buying paracetemol & codeine in the airside Boots at Gatwick to be asked if I was flying to the UAE as I would not be able to take it into some Arab strates. I don't think the same applies to the USA, although it cannot be bought there.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 14, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
Naproxen used to be in all Feminax products then for some reason it was removed from the basic Feminax and only available in the Ultra one! I used to have to stock up in Europe when we went on holiday as the old formula was available there.
However, I'm now of an age that I don't need it any more.
I'd agree that it is much more convenient to buy large quantities of tylenol/paracetemol then the tiny expensive packs you get here!

I was very surprised when I was buying paracetemol & codeine in the airside Boots at Gatwick to be asked if I was flying to the UAE as I would not be able to take it into some Arab strates. I don't think the same applies to the USA, although it cannot be bought there.
UAE is very strict on ant drug that can potentially impact your state of mind. I believe codeine falls into this category. As I believe DI sleeping pills and anything prescribed for things like stress or depression.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 14, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dvc View Post
I'm not sure id bring a lot of drugs back with me, especially things like Tylenol and Naproxen which are prescription drugs. Customs would have a field day!
I think if it was an issue for customs that this would be documented all over the place and there would be loads of internet stories about it with people being stopped etc.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 14, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
benkaylamum
Proud to wear my Ears

I always stock up on mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide in it. You get big bottles of it in Walmart. My friend asked me if I had been to get my teeth whitened after my last 3 week holiday to Florida
benkaylamum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 14, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread