Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Aug 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
VikkS
Proud to wear my Ears

November will be my first time onsite and we have dining plan:

BOG Breakfast - wanted to try BOG the past two trips but didn't really understand ADRs at the time, also great value for a QS credit
Planet Hollywood - Wanting to book this if its open, just because I love good theming and not a lot of the table service options at Disney Springs appealed to me.
Tusker House Breakfast - Our first ever character meal, just thought this looked like fun
Ohana - Rave reviews and the food looks amazing. I want to try to Lapu Lapu drink too! Really looking forward to this one.
50s prime time - Another one booked for the theming, food looks like you can't go wrong either.
Sanaa - For the bread service I've heard so much about. Im sure everything else is good too.
Coral Reef - This was my sisters pick for the aquarium but the menu looks tasty.
Teppen Edo - I thought this would be a nice change of scene from the rest of our meals and a fun experience.
CRT - Wouldn't pay OOP for this but thought we would give it a go
Yak and Yeti - Booked this for an evening at animal kingdom (if they extend hours past 6pm), using a Landrys card and credit rather than DDP.

This is only 9 TS credits used out of 14, I wanted to leave some days and evenings open to just see what we fancied without being committed to certain places at certain times. Might go for Cape May Cafe or Garden Grill if we can get last minute ADRS on a day that suits.
VikkS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We go mid Oct and have 3 kids( 21 and 8 year old boy and 3 year old girl) we are staying at Akl.
Boma dinner- at hotel and eldest son loved it last time

Tusker lunch- opportunity to meet Disney character for daughter and reviews generally rate the food.

Bog lunch- good use of qs

Ohana dinner- good review and boys love grilled meat!

Sanaa lunch- at hotel and good review ( having pool day at AKV)

Hollywood and Vine breakfast- ppo to try and sign 8 year old up for Jedi training and daughter can meet Disney junior character

Sci fi- for boys!

Akershus breakfast- princesses and hopefully one of first in line for FEA and Ana and Elsa.

T-Rex dinner- 8 year old likes dinosaur!

Beaches and Cream- eldest boy loved it last time and we might try kitchen sink

Mickey Bybbq- hubby daughter and I are going so daughter can dance with characters and boys going to club villian.

CRT lunch- all about princess and daughter going to BBB first

BOG- 8 year old wants to meet the Beast( 3 year old does not! )

Ohana breakfast- 8 year old likes stich

Boma breakfast- eldest enjoyed last time and will fit in with a lazy hotel day.

Hallowishes dessert party- for parade and firework seating.

Hoping to book STarwars dessert party for hubby and boys.

Youngest 2 are also doing PL afternoon of Halloween party.

Sounds a lot! Think that's all and are on ddp.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

For next March:

Cali Grill - a first night tradition
BOG breakfast - to get ahead of the crowd and do 7DMT before the rush
Turf Club - because we're at SSR
Ohana - because I've never been, and can do Trader Sam's, and the EWP on the same night
Citricos - good reviews, and ideal location for a trip into LMH at MK afterwards
Yacht Club Steakhouse - because they do excellent steaks
Jiko - heard lots of good things
Captains Grille buffet breakfast - because I could hardly move for about 4 hours last time
HOB - for after Cirque
Spice Road - for Illuminations.
4 TS credits left. Still up for grabs with 16 days to decide...
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
emsparkles
VIP Dibber

emsparkles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ive got on mine (and my 180 days is next Monday):

Jiko's: for the Animal Kingdom lodge atmosphere and the Fillet steak!

Hollywood Brown Derby: Fantasmic dinning package and we loved the Blackened grouper

Monsieur Paul: we always book le Celier but fancied a change of a signature restaurant in EPCOT.

Flying Fish: its the signature of my own 'home' resort and want to try it after the refurbishment. It looks special enough to host my 30th Birthday dinner there for friends and family.

The Boathouse: It looked really good when we visited the gift shop earlier this year and is now on our to do list for this, the view of the lake looks amazing.

California Grill: For our last night and wishes.. they also do some great sushi!

DVC Member: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort- August 2001 February 2024
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort- March 2020, October 2018 & 2023
Disney's Boardwalk Inn & Villas - February/March 2017 & 2016
Disney's Coronando Springs Resort - June 2013
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2012 & March 2022
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - April 1995 & 1998
emsparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Hi Kat

could you tell me the reasons why you've chosen these as your first DDP time and the ages of your family?

Thank you
Hi there, no problem explaining my decisions, I know it's difficult when you haven't used the plan before like ourselves! We are a family of 4 with 2 girls aged 12 and nearly 14 when we go.

Crystal Palace, breakfast on the first morning in MK to get a truely magical disney start to our hols?

'Ohana, for dinner, I've read such great reviews for this place and I fancy the Lapu Lapu pineapple cocktail! (If you fancy here get a ADR at 180 days as it's popular.)

Coral Reef, for lunch whilst in Epcot, my dd loves turtles so we are hoping to see some while eating next to the giant fish tank?

Raglan Road, this is for dinner at Disney Springs as it sounds good fun with the Irish dancers performing.

Sci-Fi, for lunch at Hollywood studios as the theming looks great fun!

Yak & Yeti, for lunch at on Animal Kingdom day, we like asian food and we can use our Landrys card to pay for it instead of using a dinning credit.

Grand Floridian Cafe, for dinner, I've read a great food report on this place and fancy the shrimp and grits of the menu. We will pay for this one ourselves as we need to save some credits. We also fancy a look around the GF hotel.

Yachtsman Steakhouse, dinner, again to look around the yachtsman hotel and to have a lovely steak!

Be Our Guest, lunch and dinner, mostly this is for the theming of the place plus a chance to meet the beast after dinner.

Flying Fish, dinner, they have recently refurbished this restaurant and liked the idea of spending an evening at the Boardwalk.

California Grill, for dinner and to watch the MK Fireworks afterwards.

Teppan Edo, dinner, again theming great and we love Japanese food, we've timed it to watch illuminations afterwards on the balcony.

Sanna, dinner, hopefully see some animals whilst eating and the bread service looks lush!

Hollywood Brown Derby (Fantasmic) looking forward to signature dinning in HS and apparently the grapefruit cake is gorgeous?!

'Ohana, breakfast, this is because our dd loves Stich and we thought it would be something nice to look forward to on our last morning before going home.

I hope this helps towards your choices as I know it's hard to choose when it's all new.

We've had a difficult time recently too so hopefully our Disney Holidays will make up for this a little?!

Good luck and enjoy the planning.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread