Notices

Old 20 Aug 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Ontario and Quebec 2017: Day 26 - Coming Home

It was that day - after nearly 4 weeks of family time, we needed to come back to reality!

The kids asked if we could go to a bookshop if we had time! And we needed a bag

A plan was hatched!

We got up to rain again! The aim was to be out by 8am- we managed 7.40am - not bad!

First stop was in Maniwaki for breakfast with Timmy

A variety of bagels, muffins and coffee were acquired!

We chose what on paper was the longest route but probably the least stressful in that it avoided Ottawa and the worst of Montreal.

We headed for Laval for Canadian Tire and then Indigo book shop.

However our plan changed as J and I eventually decided we would be better with a soft bag that we could bring with us each trip as this happens rather a lot

We ended up at the Laval branch of MEC where we got a sturdy soft 90L bag! The nice checkout lady directed us across the road for a food court for lunch!

This was perfect. The kids had teriyaki salmon with rice (best of the holidays! ), J had a prawn stir fry with noodles and I had vegan sushi which was delicious and copious enough that I had half of it for dinner on the plane!

We had an hour in the bookshop. O found 2 books, F one plus some tsum tsums in the sale and I found a good guide book on San Diego!

We took the car back - the young guy checking us in tried to say we had chipped the windscreen. We told it it had been covered by the resin that was all over the car and that the guy checking us out said not to worry about the resin when I got him to add lots of issues on the car when we got it. He got the manager over who looked at it and said "that's an old chip that has been repaired" - phew! We have excess insurance but it is a hassle! We liked the car though - easy to drive and spacious.

We took the shuttle to the airport. We printed out our luggage labels then went to bag drop. Whoops - one bag was 26kg so a reshuffle was done! Did you know one packing cube can weigh 5kg

The nice man on the desk also let us put through the fishing net as a fifth item, though we had to take it to the oversized luggage desk!

Air Transat's flights all depart from the very end of the terminal. We picked up some food which as a good thing as the flight food was pretty bad and not very copious!

We were called to board on time!

There was a problem as we were in the exit row but as F was in the middle section we thought that was ok (the system let us book it!) but it wasn't. The solution was the guy behind F kindly swapped for take off and landing!

There was s bit if a delay as three passengers were missing! One was the wife of an old passenger - he didn't know where she was, she didn't gave a suitcase and nothing of hers was on his...

The other 2 turned up 20 minutes after departure time! Two elderly passenger - goodness knows where they were!

The crew sealed off F's row do nobody used it as a cut through!

It was nice to have the extra legroom. The seats were hard though.

We made up the delay and landed at 6.30am - no sleep was had as it was only 12.30am in Montreal!

We were off quickly, through passport in minutes but waited for ages for the cases (as usual! ). At least they all arrived (fishing net included! )

We were home by 8am. We all went to bed - I got up at 11.30 so I could go to the local supermarket before it closed at 12.30pm.

It has been a fabulous holiday. Such a treat to spend so much time with the family!

Thanks for reading along

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 20 Aug 17 8:52 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah, nice last day and home safely. The flight home is so much more of a chore ... it's been wonderful to read along, thank you for sharing.
Looking forward to the next one already .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

Shame it's come to an end have thoroughly enjoyed following along. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your wonderful family adventures.
Looking forward to the next one
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah, nice last day and home safely. The flight home is so much more of a chore ... it's been wonderful to read along, thank you for sharing.
Looking forward to the next one already .
It was so nice to have a direct flight (only flight from our local airport to North America! )

Have a great trip too - looking foward to reading about it!

Originally Posted by LuvPluto View Post
Shame it's come to an end have thoroughly enjoyed following along. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your wonderful family adventures.
Looking forward to the next one
I am still off work today (office opens tomorrow! )

Thanks for readng along! And enjoy DLP!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Home safely, a nice last day and another great trip-I'm going to miss all your lakes!
I've enjoyed reading all your trips this summer, one day I'll be sitting looking out at a lake in Canada. 😊
Thanks for sharing your holiday, I look forward to the next one.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A nice travel home day even with the slight delay by missing passengers. It's been a great 4 weeks, however, has gone in a flash. Thanks as always for sharing your time with us all.
Old 21 Aug 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Home safely, a nice last day and another great trip-I'm going to miss all your lakes!
I've enjoyed reading all your trips this summer, one day I'll be sitting looking out at a lake in Canada. 😊
Thanks for sharing your holiday, I look forward to the next one.
Canada is a great place to visit! We may go East next year (as O is thinking of HK/Singapore for university!) but if not, we would love to go back! I will be back in Montreal in February but for work purposes! Can't wait to see it in winter!

Bonnes vacances!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A nice travel home day even with the slight delay by missing passengers. It's been a great 4 weeks, however, has gone in a flash. Thanks as always for sharing your time with us all.
And thanks for reading! Not too long until your next trip! Are you going to do a trip report?

Index of my trip reports
Old 22 Aug 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for once again taking time out of your holiday to do the trippie
I have really enjoyed reading along

Joan
Old 22 Aug 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks for once again taking time out of your holiday to do the trippie
I have really enjoyed reading along

Joan
Thank you Joan! Nice to see your countdown is getting shorter and shorter!

Index of my trip reports