Notices

Old 23 Aug 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

485 Day Wait - Day 6

Today was our rest day at the water park . We woke about 9 apart from the eldest so we woke him at half past . Kids ate leftover travel snacks for breakfast (mom of the year letting them have chocolate bars &#128584
We just used the free coffee machine in our room .
For either water park you have to get 2 buses . We waited 20 minutes - longest we have had to wait the whole time here which I think is pretty good . From our bus stop POR west the bus is normally the first one so you always get a seat . Which we always offer to other people with younger kids if there standing .

We then changed buses at Disney springs immediately and it was heaving ! Not one adult offered the youngest a seat he has given his up regular on this trip or offered to share a seat with another young child . Luckily it was only 5 minutes tho and we were there - Typhoon Lagoon .

We got sun loungers and chairs pretty easy even tho it was super busy if you walked away from the main part where everyone obviously wanted to sit there were quite a few scattered about .

Kids jumped straight on Lazy river and we weren't far behind them .

We did a couple of rides keelhaul falls and Gang plank falls then another go on the Lazy river which was a lot quieter now and getting a ring was much easier as everyone was queuing for rides . The queue times were about 30 minutes on average but it was extremely hot so seemed longer .

Round the park there were loads of free life jackets for weaker swimmers which is a nice little touch . Onsite guests also get free towel hire which we used and was great not carrying loads of stuff . You could also hire towels tho if you were off site at only $2 .

We grabbed some hot dogs and I had a delicious Caesar salad . We used our refill mug which we had bought on way in and it was $11 and you could refill as much as you wanted but we shared . We used our Qs credits for food and swapped our free drink for a desert which we had key lime pie . It was gorgeous . I don't have many pics as we left phones a lot at our loungers.

Me and the boys chilling . (That's the mug you can buy )

Me and Lewis carried on chilling on the loungers and the youngest and Rich went off doing the rides . (I'm not a massive water ride fan ) They went on Miss adventure falls - twice , Humunga Kowabunga a five story fast ride , Storm slides , Krush and Gusher a fast two man inflatable tube ride . It was after 3:30 and crowd levels had really dropped and rich said you could really tell on the rides .
We had planned on going back to the resort changing and going out to Epcot fireworks but time once again had got the better of us so we decided to go on Lazy river a few more times lol . WE then caught the bus to Epcot (via Disney Springs and via Pop Century ) It was pretty fast and I knew if we went back we wouldn't get out again ! It was now 7 o'clock 😮

Wow Epcot looked beautiful at night .

Wr had missed our first FP as we were still at the water park but our second one was Test track so we headed straight there . The standby time was about 50 minutes unless you want to ride this as a single rider and it was 20 minutes . Glad we had a
FP and straight through to an interactive room to design your car and then on to the ride . It was great we all enjoyed it . (No photos showing on photo pass yet for this maybe show up later tho ) when you come out you can have pics with lots of great cars

If we ever move here this is my car lol . Kids both said they will work at Disney and where hubby works they have loads of offices over he so we are trying to force him into moving lol . I can dream ... 💭

We can out from test track it was 8:45 and it was getting busy for fire work show and once again Disney didn't disappoint .

We then grabbed some burgers and fries the park had officially closed but it was still open EMH for onsite guests (sorry for bad picture here ) Again a Qs meal and came with a refill .

Blake tried the Mac and cheese and we all had a bit and tasted really good .

SO it was getting a bit quieter and wait times to see meet the characters had been 40 minutes + previously . It was 10pm and the wait times were 15 minutes so we finally met the main man himself . Well you know what they say ... it did all start with a little mouse .

The pic says it all ❤️

And Minnie too 💞

And Goofy .

Then we queued 10 minutes for the only character you can meet at Epcot - Baymax . Wait times are normally high for this one always 30 minutes to an hour when we looked . Being onsite for us really worked .

And finally at 10:45 got autographs and pictures from Joy and Sadness my hubbys favourite film - as you can tell lol he was like a big kid .

So 11pm we headed back to the bus stop it was heaving . I have read a lot of negative things about the bus service at Disney but I honestly can't see why . Yes it was busy there was only one bus but one drives off another one drives in . We were on the 3rd bus out last night and queued for 10 minutes . It's far better than back home .

We got back and time was heading towards midnight and we were bush walked not quite a restful day lol x

Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Magical_Unicorn - 23 Aug 17 3:54 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely day

Joan
Old 23 Aug 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Fab day with great photos of your character meets x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

For a lazy day you certainly go plenty done in the evening. Some great meet n greet waiting times.
Old 24 Aug 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Lovely day

Joan
Thank you x and thanks for reading
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
For a lazy day you certainly go plenty done in the evening. Some great meet n greet waiting times.
Adrenaline took over lol it's hard isn't it when you see wait times short xthanks for reading
Old 3 Sep 17, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Brilliant day, lazy start with a park to end 👍
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List