Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Apr 17, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

Our 2nd 'trip of a lifetime' food report Sep/Oct '16

Hello everyone! We went on our 2nd 'trip of a lifetime' 21st Sep to 5th Oct 2016 and I decided to do a food report this time around. Yep it's only taken me 7 months to post this, but heyho better late than never right? Hope you all enjoy!

21st Sep - Travel Day
Up bright and early this morning at the time of 5:30 after what felt like 2 minutes of sleep. But hey, we're going on holiday! We set off on our journey to manchester airport at 6:30, with cases packed full and 3 rather excited people! Our flight wasn't until 11:55 but we all know the panic of 'we might not make it in time'. We arrived at airport at 9am, said goodbye to the car and headed for check in. I was surprised to see literally 4 or 5 people at check in so that only took 5 mins. We got checked in, went straight through security then browsed the shops. We decided to camp out at Starbucks until our gate was open. We got 2 hot chocs, a decaf Americano, me and DF had a Cinnamon bun and DM had a breakfast bun. I wasn't a fan of the cinnamon bun, it had some orange peel on the top which completely ruined it! Cant seem to find the photo of our food but i'll add it in if i do. Anywho, once finished we where off to board the plane.

We had pre booked seats and we're happy with out choice. With everyone buckled in and rather excited we set off on the long haul to orlando. No photos of plane food im afraid. (Off to a great start!) We flew with thomas cook, the choice for lunch was bangers n mash or bbq chicken with mac n cheese. I had the chicken which was nice, for plane food, DF and DM had bangers n mash, heard no complaints from them so must have enjoyed it. We then got jacobs crackers with a selection of cheese, a bread roll, little chocolate and a chocolate moose with salted caramel. The desert was gorgeous. Afternoon tea was 2 bread rolls, one was cheese n tomato the other egg and cress. Followed by a fruit scone with jam and clotted cream which we all enjoyed.

Obligery wing photo

A couple movies later we touched down in the sunshine state. Once through immigration and all that fun stuff we hopped aboard our shuttle to the hotel. We had booked mears sheared shuttle before we arrived and let's just say I'm not sure we'd book again. We checked in at the desk at 5:30pm went outside an got a pager then waited and waited and waited. We sat and saw people who checked in well after us hop on the shuttle before us. After 1 hour we went and said something, apparently your not suppose to wait that long so we where put on the next one. It then decided to rain and we where the last drop off of 3 stops. We didn't arrive at the hotel, sheraton vistana villages, until 7:30 so by this time we where all feeling a bit tired and annoyed. We where greeted by a lovely lady (didn't get her name) who checked us in. When approaching the desk she said 'welcome home' which defiantly lifted our spirits! By this point we had nearly been awake for 24 hours so we dumped the cases in the room and went straight to publix for food. For dinner me and DF got a full chicken tenders sub to share which was on offer at $6.99. DM bought a box of chicken tenders so had a few of them. After this we where well and truly cream crackered so it was time to call it a night!

A little haul of our publix shop

Edited at 01:10 PM.
pocahontas84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Love a food blog!
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
pocahontas84
Helping Mickey

Thurs 22nd Sep - Day 1 IHOP and Disney Springs

Up at about 6am this morning, being the only one awake I sat and watched the sunrise. We where on the 5th floor so had a lovely view.

DF and DM shortly followed. Chilled around the apartment for a bit, got ready and off we went to ihop. Last year we only went to ihop at the end of our trip and couldn't believe what we where missing out on! So this year I made sure we went on one of our first few days to get our pancake fix. We had a quick look around walgreens first as it was only half 9. We bought some smores m&m's, a cap for me and some post cards to send home. We then headed for the new ihop on i-drive. By Joe what a fuss this was. The new ihop is 2 stops south from walgreens so on the bus we went. Then the driver announces that stop 33 (the stop we wanted) was closed due to road works, we where too busy fussing to notice stop 34, pulled the cord for stop 35 (our hotel) and it didn't work so down the outlets we went! It's funny to think about it now but at the time I wasn't pleased! Eventually we got seated at ihop. I had the raspberry white chocolate chips pancake stack with a lemonade, DF had rooty tootie peach stack with decaf coffee and DM had bacon temptation omelette which came with a bowl of fruit and water. Didn't seem to get a photo of DF pancakes but it was pretty much the same of mine but with a peach compote on the top.

Raspberry and white choc chip stack

Bacon temptation omellete

We decided to have a nice stroll back to the hotel, we'd had our fair share of buses for one morning! It was quiet a nice walk actually, a bit of a relaxing start to the holiday. It was great to take in the atmosphere of being back in the US and seeing some sights we had overlooked on the bus. We came across a fountain, I kind of have a thing for them, so decided to get some photos.

All changed, grabbed drinks from fridge and headed for the pool. Lunch was missed as we didn't have breakfast until about 11am so we where still pretty full, plus I wanted to leave plenty of room for the evening as we where heading to Disney springs! This was our first time at Disney Springs so we where all looking forward to having a look around. House of blues was on the cards for tonight, so we had a mooch around the shops then went for dinner.

Second fountain of the day!

Now, when I say a 'mooch' I may have spent an hour or 2 in sephora! By the time I got out it was getting quite late so we headed straight for HoB. I had been really looking forward to trying here, I even had a voucher for $50 off $100. However, I think we where all exhausted by the time we got there so didn't enjoy it as much as we probably would have. DF got the juicy lucy Burger with a water, me and DM both got soul clucking good (buttermilk fried chicken) with a raspberry lemonade. No photo of DF's again?

The food was absolutely delicious, great atmosphere and got a table straight away so ticked all the boxes for us! DM did say the the batter on the chicken was a bit too crispy for her liking but I enjoyed it. We had a lovely server called ray who had been there for 18 years, very helpful and friendly so thought I'd give him a shout out. A bit of a photo fail as it was quite dark so quality of the photos where shocking. We also got the cheesecake to take away then caught our bus home. The bill came to approx $70, if we weren't so tired we would have tried to bump it up to $100 to use our voucher but we weren't really bothered by this point. We settled the bill, got the lynx bus back to the hotel and hit the hay!

I had got a Red Velvet cupcake from Sprinkles, came to a couple of dollars. Not the best photo but it was delicious!

Cheesecake from HoB. Doesn't look very appetizing in this pic but it did taste lovely! I was quite rich though so we all shared it the next day.
pocahontas84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Ooh I love a food report.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Looks yummy so far!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Great start!

All looks very good. I agree with DM - the batter on the fried chicken is too crispy.

Those pancakes!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post

all good so far , love a food trippie
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

great start x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh that cupcakes looks amazing! Keep em coming!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Food all looks so good. We are planning to eat at all the places in your report up to now so thank you, its very helpful 😊
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List