Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 May 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Olive Garden

For dinner, another place that was also on the list last time but we hadn't made it and it was a first for me, Olive Garden.

To start we got the amazing bread and both ordered salad (you get a choice of soup or salad included with all meals).

For mains I got chicken parmigiana with a mixed berry sparkling water to drink.

DH got tour of Italy: Chicken Parmigiana, Lasagna Classico and Fettuccine Alfredo with a beer.

This was all really good, hard not to fill up on the bread and salad!

Cost $44.80 and $8.96 tip.

Edited at 09:59 PM.
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving the food report. Some of our faves in there! I want to try Millers next May when we go next.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

San Angel Inn

On Epcot day we had lunch in San Angel Inn, love the atmosphere in here!

First we got brought tortillas with salsa, one mild and one spicy.

I had a starter as my main and I chose the tacos de vegetales: Flour tortillas with sautéed mushroom, corn, onions, zucchini, garlic, rajas Poblanas and goat cheese with a water.

DH had the enchiladas verdes con pollo: Served on a bed of black beans, topped with melted Chihuahua cheese, queso fresco, and crema Mexicana garnished with frisée lettuce and red onion relish with a dos equiis beer.

Cost $42.34 and $8.47 tip.

I accidentally left my minnie ears on my seat and about 10 mins after we had left our server came and found us in the queue for Gran Fiesta Tour boat ride to give them back- great service!

Edited at 10:01 PM.
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant report, giving me great ideas for our trip to Orlando and New York at the end of the month.
Our hotel is close to Miller's Ale House and we were keen to try it, even more so now after seeing your meals
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Buffalo Wild Wings

We decided we fancied some wings and Buffalo Wild Wings was about a 2 minute drive from the villa.

I had the small (10) traditional wings with honey bbq sauce with a caesar side salad. The wings came with carrot sticks and ranch dip. I had a water to drink.

DH had the medium (18) boneless wings with half hot bbq half mango habanero sauce with fries and slaw. He got carrots and celery with his and a blu cheese dip. He had 2 beers to drink.

Cost $48.65 and $10 tip

Edited at 10:02 PM.
Old 3 Jun 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Denny's

My favourite breakfast place is Denny's and we had 2 visits this trip.

First time I ordered the build your own slam (pick 4 items) with ham slice, scrambled egg, fresh fruit and pancakes. I also got a decaf coffee and an orange juice.

This was great, especially the pancakes.

DH also had the build your own slam with sausage, scrambled egg, hash brown and white toast. He got a black coffee and an orange juice as well.

Cost $26.50 and $5.83 tip

On our second vist I got a 2 stack of pancakes with a side of fresh fruit and a decaf coffee with hazelnut creamer

DH got the same again, build your own slam with sausage, scrambled egg, hash brown and white toast with a coffee and an orange juice.

Cost $20 and $4 tip.

Edited at 10:06 PM.
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

California Grill

Our favourite meal last time was at California Grill at the Contemporary, so we chose to go back there this time and it also gave us a chance to see the new MK fireworks Happily Ever After, as we weren't doing MK this trip.

We were brought some rolls and focaccia with black volcanic sea salt butter.

We shared an appetiser which was a BLT flat bread: Heirloom Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella, Cherrywood Bacon Jam, Tomato Mayonnaise, Arugula. This was so good!

For my main I had Green Circle Rotisserie Chicken, English Pea Spaetzle, Ramps, Piopinni Mushrooms, Artichokes, Squash Blossom, Leek-Piquillo Puree. I also had a ginger ale.

DH had the Oak-Fired Choice Angus Beef Filet, Black Truffle Risotto, Grilled Delta Asparagus, Cabernet Wine Sauce. He had red wine to drink (meeker).

For dessert we shared the Warm Valrohna Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Milk Chocolate Panna Cotta and Cashew Clusters. I also had a cup of harmony tea (peppermint, chamomile, orange blossom and allspice).

Cost $155.47 and $30 tip

Edited at 06:26 PM.
Old 4 Jun 17, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Fab thread.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Celebration Town Tavern

We were planning lunch in Market Street Cafe in Celebration but when we arrived it was closed so we went to Celebration Town Tavern instead.

I had bacon and cheese potato skins, a garden side salad with ranch dressing and a sprite.

DH had a cajun chicken hoagie with fries and boston baked beans and a Sam Adams beer.

Took a while to come as they were quite busy but the food was all really good.

Cost $40 incl tip

Edited at 06:29 PM.
Old 5 Jun 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Bahama Breeze

Another Dibb favourite that we had tried last time, and decided to go back as there was one 5 mins drive from our villa was Bahama Breeze. Loved the villa location (Formosa Gardens) as there was so much within a short drive.

I was excited to see a virgin mango, kiwi and strawberry margarita on the menu, this was amazing!

I had a starter as my main, the chicken quesadilla: Sliced chicken with onions, sweet peppers, spinach and our three cheese blend. Griddled and served with tomato salsa and sour cream. I also had a house side salad: Fresh greens, Roma tomatoes, cucumber ribbons and pumpkin seeds, drizzled with Island vinaigrette.

DH had Jamaican jerk chicken: Half chicken marinated and rubbed with authentic jerk seasonings and roasted, served with yellow rice, black beans and ripe plantain. He also had the house side salad and a beer.

All great food again.

Cost $48.21 and $10 tip.

Edited at 06:59 PM.