Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Jun 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
SKW83
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Hope you have a fantastic trip! We're staying at POR in October with the DDP so I'm really excited to see the food on offer in the resort. My husband is also convinced he'll hate Disney and keeps saying it's a 'once in a lifetime' holiday! How I chuckle at him when he says these silly things - I think he's in for a bit of a surprise when we get there!
Enjoy your pre-travel day (I'm just as exited for ours, it really is the start of the holiday!)
SKW83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vixabelle View Post
and that means only 1 more sleep!
Soooo jealous!

Can't wait to read all about it.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have a great trip looking forward to reading along

Joan
Old 2 Jun 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bang_bang
Gone all Goofy

Have a great trip, staying at POFQ on DDP next year with DW & 2 x DD (1 will be 8 and 1 18 months) so will probably be heading to similar places as yourselves.
bang_bang is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
CU2016
Getting Excited

Looking forward to reading this
CU2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SKW83 View Post
Hope you have a fantastic trip! We're staying at POR in October with the DDP so I'm really excited to see the food on offer in the resort. My husband is also convinced he'll hate Disney and keeps saying it's a 'once in a lifetime' holiday! How I chuckle at him when he says these silly things - I think he's in for a bit of a surprise when we get there!
Enjoy your pre-travel day (I'm just as exited for ours, it really is the start of the holiday!)
So nice to hear of somebody in the same boat as me! I'll let you know if i convert him thanks for reading

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Have a great trip looking forward to reading along

Joan
Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by bang_bang View Post
Have a great trip, staying at POFQ on DDP next year with DW & 2 x DD (1 will be 8 and 1 18 months) so will probably be heading to similar places as yourselves.
Most probabaly, we had a year to count dow from too, i can't believe it's finally here! Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by CU2016 View Post
Looking forward to reading this
Thank you for reading
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Pre travel day – food

Pre Travel day breakfast – Frankie and Benny’s

We decided on a big(ish) breakfast to hopefully see us through until dinner tonight. It was pretty empty when we arrived and we were seated straight away, refillable tea for me and coffee for Liam and 2 apple juices for the boys. The menu here isn’t big but i think it is varied enough.

Liam had the Stateside Stacker (getting prepared for the next 2 weeks). He enjoyed this and cleared the plate, no surprise there!

I had the traditional breakfast without eggs, just enough for me and i enjoyed it.

Ryan had the children’s version of this again without eggs, he ate it all and said he really liked it, this was his first experience of streaky bacon and it went well!

and we just ordered toast for Callum. This would have been better if it we were given a choice of white or granary but surprisingly he managed a full slice smothered with apricot jam!

All this came to 21.20, very good value in my opinion

Pre Travel Day Dinner – Thyme Restaurant @ Premier Inn

We went for dinner at half 5ish to get a table big enough for the 7 of us as my family hadn’t arrived yet. While we were waiting we ordered a cheesy garlic flatbread to share. This was delicious! And just the right amount for the 3 of us to keep us going.

The restaurant was starting to fill up and by 6.30 they had arrived. The waiter came straight over to take our order and was very attentive throughout our meal.

I ordered the create your own pizza with chicken, pineapple and red pepper and a side of fries. This was delicious, and very filling, i hardly ate any of the fries!

Liam and my dad had the double cheese and bacon burger. Liam’s without salad. Again he cleared his plate and they both enjoyed it.

Ryan chose the children’s pizza and chips with chicken as his topping. This was quite a big portion and he didn’t finish it all although he said it was yummy.

My mum had the gammon and enjoyed it.

My sister also had a pizza and couldn’t finish it.

Really we should have ordered just the 1 and split it but never mind.
We ordered 2 sides of onion rings which we shared between us all and Callum just picked bits off everybody’s plates!

For a hotel restaurant you can’t go wrong with this, it was hot, service was good and although slightly overpriced it is convenient and we enjoyed it.

Snacks for today weren’t much just some crisps and popcorn in the room when we arrived. Oh and a few of these ...

Total spends for today: 54.95
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Following along! Almost time! Those pizzas look fab!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I hope you slept ok last night. I always sleep really poorly the night before as I'm so excited

Have a great travel day. Nearly there now

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Beccleberry
Excited about Disney

Have a fab trip! Just followed you on instagram.

Where did you get those summer fruit wine cans from? I love that wine!
Beccleberry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List