Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Aug 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I really like the burger at GF Cafe, they seem to have changed it slightly every time. First time it was served with rocket which I felt made it tastier (I'm a big rocket fan), last year they served a home made rocket mayo on the side which was the best thing ever, this year I agree it needed something else, mine was medium and i still felt that.
Old 19 Aug 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great updates. Agree with Teak & Grand Floridian Cafe. We ate at Fords Garage in Cape Coral a couple of days ago. Check it out if you are ever down this way. Best burgers we've had!
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Oh I'd never considered eating at Splitsville, looks really good. x
Old 20 Aug 17, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

We went to splitsville twice last time.i thought the burgers were amazing x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Day Twenty Seven

Day 27 Saturday 19th August.
Burger number 27.

Cheesecake Factory. Our plan this morning was to pick up cheesecake furvback at the villa after some lunch in the food court. That plan changed later when I decided I wanted to eat there as well. We have every visit and enjoyed it the first time but not so much the second. Today our server was excellent. That evening we hung around the villa having indulged in Cicis for tea.

Mac and Cheese Cheeseburger. $
Thought I'd be a bit more experimental and saw this one and wanted to give it a try. The burger was good along with the decent size serving of onions and pickle but the real highlight was the mac and cheese which was a breaded and baked patty. Made the burger really tasty. Would be more than happy to eat this one again.

Rating 8/10

Edited at 11:20 PM.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Day Twenty Eight

Day 28 Sunday 20th August
Burger number 28 and 29

Wendys. Our original plan was to leave early and head to Disney Springs. However both my daughter and me were feeling a bit under the weather so we spent the morning around the villa before heading out after lunch. As it was later than planned we headed to Wendy's having heard some good stuff about this place. There was not much of a queue but the service was so slow. Around 25 minutes to order and receive our food. That night, on returning from DS, we hung around the villa starting to pack for the journey home that would begin the next morning.

Baconator. $6.59 including fries and a drink.
As I was still feeling a bit dodgy I went for the smaller burger alghough this still contained two burger patties. I have to say it wasn't too bad and probably one of the cheapest burgers, but have to mark it down for the ridiculous wait times.

Rating 5/10

Edited at 11:27 PM.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Day Twenty Nine

Day 29. Monday 21st August.

Our last day in Florida. 😢 Although I do think we were ready to head home. We were up early and we're packed and ready to leave the villa before 9am for the drive down to Miami. I planned on taking US27 to avoid any tolls but also as I was informed it was somewhat more scenic. It was a littlecstop start with traffic lights at times but it was interesting to see a little more of the country beyond the Orlando bubble. On the way we were on the look out for a breakfast place. If mentioned the day before to my wife that I had heard some good reports about Bob Evans (was that dixonsontour again?). We were fortunate to pass one about an hour into the drive but had to do a u-turn to get back to it. It was certainly wort it. Good quality, reasonably priced, good service and clean. Would certainly head back.

We arrived at the airport following a brief stop at Starbucks around 3pm. The drive did seem to take some time although still think this was better than the interstate. We were soon dropping off the car and off into the airport to relax and mooch around a little before the overnight flight back to Heathrow.

No burgers today.

Edited at 11:39 PM.
Old 25 Aug 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Day Thirty

Day 30. Tuesday 22nd August.
Burger Number 30 and 31.

McDonald's, Dublin. We landed back at Heathrow around 11am and made our way over to Terminal 5. We had quite a long layover before our flight to Dublin which was intention so we could have a stretch out and some food etc. We eventually made it to Dublin and the Premier Inn around 9pm. We weren't originally planning on eating but found ourselves hungry so a late night visit to McDonald's was required.

Cheeseburger x2. €1.50 each.
Not really much to say about these. Very much as expected and they filled a gap.

Sorry, no pictures. I forgot which is the first time in 30 days.

Rating 5/10

Edited at 11:46 PM.
Old 25 Aug 17, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Day Thirty One

Day 31. Wednesday 23rd August.

Well, those observant ones among us will notice that yesterday saw burger 31 consumed. Do this post is somewhat anti-climatic. I achieved what I set out to achieve. I'll provide a summary later can but for now will detail our journey home.

We left the Premier Inn the next morning and headed bsck to the airport. The taxi driver was much more pleasant than the maniac who picked us up from their the day before. We stopped at McDonald's for breakfast. What can I say - we wanted coffee and something to go with it. We were soon airside and on our penultimate flight and were back at Heathrow around lunchtime.

Our final flight saw us later that day fly from Heathrow to Manchester. After nine previously successful flights this was to be the one in which the little one finally reminded everybody that she was a baby and that she could cry rather than just smile. Didn't matter what we tried she just wasn't having it... until I found a banana! Oh well, sorry for disturbing fellow passengers.

Around 6pm we were out of the airport with our luggage and collecting our car before the final journey home. 100 miles up the M6. Just what I needed.

No burgers were consumed today. 😀
Old 26 Aug 17, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Wow you made your target well done.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List